{$systemurl} for PDF

lims

11 minutes ago, steven99 said:

I presume you mean on invoicepdf.tpl or quotepdf.tpl?  If so, I do not believe smarty is actually used for that and so using {$systemurl} wont work.

it is true need for invoicepdf.tpl , when using this $companyurl  its work but this come to base domain setup, so i need for subdomain or sub directory work.

i'm using barcode in my invoice PDF, for temporary using manual url to do it

any some idea ?

13 hours ago, lims said:

any some idea ?

as you have found, $companyurl will work (which is the value from general settings -> general -> domain), but $systemurl isn't passed to the template - therefore, there are three solutions that I can think of off-hand...

1. manually hardcode it in the template (as you have currently) - if you're not going to change your systemURL frequently, then there's probably no harm in doing that.
  2. use the Class documentation to obtain the setting...
    use WHMCS\Config\Setting;
    $systemURL = Setting::getValue('SystemURL');

adding that code to the top of the invoicepdf.tpl, anywhere after the <?php and before you want to use the variable, will work... when you want to output the System URL setting, you can just use $systemURL in the template wherever you want.

3. similar to 2, you query the tblconfiguration database table direct using Capsule...

use WHMCS\Database\Capsule;
    $systemURL = Capsule::table('tblconfiguration')->where('setting','SystemURL')->value('value');

again, adding that code to the top of the invoicepdf.tpl, anywhere after the <?php and before you want to use the variable, will work... when you want to output the System URL setting, you can just use $systemURL in the template.

Another way would be to use a global variable.

$CONFIG['SystemURL'];

6 hours ago, brian! said:

use WHMCS\Config\Setting; $systemURL = Setting::getValue('SystemURL');

These 2 options will return the URL without the slash at the end.

6 hours ago, brian! said:

use WHMCS\Database\Capsule; $systemURL = Capsule::table('tblconfiguration')->where('setting','SystemURL')->value('value');

This will return the URL with the slash at the end.

https://domain.whmcs.com/

18 hours ago, brian! said:

as you have found, $companyurl will work (which is the value from general settings -> general -> domain), but $systemurl isn't passed to the template - therefore, there are three solutions that I can think of off-hand....

• use the Class documentation to obtain the setting...

use WHMCS\Config\Setting;
$systemURL = Setting::getValue('SystemURL');

adding that code to the top of the invoicepdf.tpl, anywhere after the <?php and before you want to use the variable, will work... when you want to output the System URL setting, you can just use $systemURL in the template wherever you want.

i'm using option 2.. this work perfect thanks you so much  @brian! and @edvancombr

18 hours ago, edvancombr said:

Another way would be to use a global variable.

the only reason that I didn't include that as an option was because in a previous post, one of the WHMCS developers suggested not to use it... now whether that's a personal preference of his or $CONFIG is getting deprecated at some point, I don't know... although as of today, it's still perfectly acceptable to use it. 🙂

1 minute ago, brian! said:

the only reason that I didn't include that as an option was because in a previous post, one of the WHMCS developers suggested not to use it... now whether that's a personal preference of his or $CONFIG is getting deprecated at some point, I don't know... although as of today, it's still perfectly acceptable to use it. 🙂

I was not aware of this information.

The curious thing that keeps on working.