Electronic invoicing

I'm working on it full time during the last 4 weeks. I've already considered to commit suicide. Joking apart, it's not something that can be achieved with an integration. You need more than that. Tens of requirements depends on values and concepts that don't even exist in WHMCS. Moreover they all need to be validated strictly.

Personally I've already competed 3 parts: collecting values, even the ones that WHMCS doesn't have, perform validations and transmitting the XML. Now I'm working on handling responses from Revenue Agency. Next step will be digital signature... I wanna die.

Edited by Kian

14 hours ago, Kian said:

Personally I've already competed 3 parts: collecting values, even the ones that WHMCS doesn't have, perform validations and transmitting the XML. Now I'm working on handling responses from Revenue Agency. Next step will be digital signature... I wanna die.

just had a quick read about it - it looks horrendous... i'll send a wreath when the time comes. ⚰️

On 10/16/2018 at 11:03 PM, mywebsolutions said:

There is no hope then ...

Yay I did it! 🤩 I was hopeless and frustrated but I've finally managed to successfully send a batch of electronic invoices and credit notes.

🔊 I believe I can touch the sky 🤣

Edited by Kian

@Kian Electronic invoices will be mandatory Europe-wide in few years.

In some countries it still exists since few years (i.e. in Slovenia it's mandatory for every payment made by cash or credit card; right now it's still exempted if the payment is done by wire transfer or Paypal...)

The mechanism I guess will be slightly different, and every country will need its own customization... so I suggest you to keep your "electronic billing module" as modular as possible, so you'll be able to easily customize it for every single european country .. . 

Yes I know 😪 Next country probably will be Hungary. By now I'm starting to keep modularity everywhere. I go jogging dressed as motorcyclist with the ski on one foot and rollerblade on the other. Left hand boxing glove gripping baseball bat with the other.

The "funny" thing is how this nightmare is structured:

1. Integrate my module with WHMCS
  2. Integrate eletronic invoicing plugin with my module
  3. Integrate "fattura elettronica" connector with the plugin
  4. Integrate the connector with... SURPRISE! SDi, Aruba, Profis... yeah... oh and also the specific billing software used by Joe, Mike... and I forgot my partner!
  5. Integrate the surprise with Revenue Agency

Enough? No way! If Revenue Agency decideds that one invoice is not okay (it may take up to 10 days) they send the response to the endpoint of the Surprise. The surprise have to escalate the response back to WHMCS so that the administrator can see what is going on.

Counting grains of sand is funnier than this 😭

1 hour ago, Esi said:

so your product on katamaze web site is complete to implement it with whmcs actual version to fulfill with italian electronic invoice system ?

Today around 11:00 AM we will release the update that includes FatturaPA so that customers can start playing with XML files or with our WebService. You can find more details and screenshots here.

More information will be provided in changelog as version 2.2.0 is out. This release also includes 2 new features that were necessary for VIES & FatturaPA.

Edited by Kian

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...