Cron job failure email notification

Hi everyone

At 23.45 yesterday I received an email from Cron with the following content -

[Illuminate\Database\QueryException]                                                                                                                            
SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1615 Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared (SQL: update `tbltask_status` set `last_run` = 2018-09-08 22:45:03, `updated_at` = 2018-09-08 22:45:03 where `id` = 20)  

[PDOException]                                                                   
SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1615 Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared  

all [-F|--force] [--email-report [EMAIL-REPORT]]

Alas none of this means anything to me, can anyone offer guidance on what I should be doing?

Thanks.

Matt,

2 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

Alas none of this means anything to me, can anyone offer guidance on what I should be doing?

you could try what John suggests in the thread below...

.. though I suspect you'll need to mention it in your recent support ticket and see what Support have to say.

• 2 weeks later...

Took me a while to get this done, sorry.

So, the result was a full report on screen of the cron job running, plus the daily email to me; no errors showing in either.

Does that suggest that what I received a few days ago was a one-off and shouldn't give it another thought, unless it happens again?

• WHMCS Staff

Hi @thisismatt,

On 9/19/2018 at 3:04 PM, thisismatt said:

Does that suggest that what I received a few days ago was a one-off and shouldn't give it another thought, unless it happens again?

Indeed, this indicates that the issue is resolved for now. This issue can sometimes occur when your MySQL server has "Gone Away" before the transaction could be completed. This happens when a cron takes a lot longer to process for example.

You could always check your MySQL servers `wait_time` and `interactive_timeout` values, just to make sure they are not too low.

If you do run in to this issue again, do open a Support Ticket while it is occurring. We'll be able to take a closer look in to your environment and hopefully pinpoint the cause for you.