Another bugs found in Order form

Go to solution Solved by WHMCS Stephen,

Hello,

There is an issue during order process of VPS/dedicated server, It keeps asking to put the name servers even after filling up the name servers field. 

Please correct the following errors before continuing ,The nameserver prefix is invalid.

Second one in hostname:

I have setup in the admin to not block Block Existing Domains, but its still blocked and shows error that the hostname you entered is already in use. Please choose another.

This name server bug is very critical bug because you will not get any VPS and dedicated server order because of this. Please see the temporary solution until WHMCS team fix this. I could not find any solution for second bug yet 😞

I would like to advise disabled name server filed. If you are not sure how to do it.  Please replace below code in  configureproduct.tpl lines 113 to 126 (its standard_cart order form only.)

<div class="row hidden">
                                    <div class="col-sm-6">
                                        <div class="form-group">
                                            <label for="inputNs1prefix">{$LANG.serverns1prefix}</label>
                                            <input type="text" name="ns1prefix" class="form-control" id="inputNs1prefix" value="N/A" placeholder="ns1">
                                        </div>
                                    </div>
                                    <div class="col-sm-6">
                                        <div class="form-group">
                                            <label for="inputNs2prefix">{$LANG.serverns2prefix}</label>
                                            <input type="text" name="ns2prefix" class="form-control" id="inputNs2prefix" value="N/A" placeholder="ns2">
                                        </div>
                                    </div>
                                </div>

Edited by ThemeMetro

15 minutes ago, WHMCS Sachin said:

This is certainly strange. Can you please provide a sample of the data you are entering for reference (i.e. sample nameserver prefix that you might have used) which gave this error?

I tried lots of  like

ns1.testing.com and ns2.testing.com and some more real and active name servers too. Its reported by one of my client, when i tested it got same.

Edited by ThemeMetro

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

ns1.testing.com and ns2.testing.com and some more real and active name servers too. Its reported by one of my client, when i tested it got same.

This might be the issue. We are supposed to enter only the prefix (i.e. ns1 and ns2) and not the full nameserver in these fields. Please try just the prefix and see if that resolves the issue. 

1 minute ago, WHMCS Sachin said:

This might be the issue. We are supposed to enter only the prefix (i.e. ns1 and ns2) and not the full nameserver in these fields. Please try just the prefix and see if that resolves the issue. 

Its working, But its working fine with full name severs before 7.6.

6 minutes ago, WHMCS Sachin said:

@brian Thanks for that, and sorry i didn't seen that 😞 actually some of client reported this, and did you cheek another one?

4 minutes ago, brian! said:

that's ok - only sad people like me take any notice of what's in the changelog lol

it rang a bell because I answered another question about hostnames being validated more now than in previous versions.

I also read each of line change logs, but in this release not sure why i missed Or maybe unable to understand properly.. I think due to fontawesome update i was disturbed .... LOL

• WHMCS Technical Analyst
7 minutes ago, ThemeMetro said:

and did you cheek another one?

As @brian already mentioned, it is due to the new stricter hostname validation. Now it is not possible to order more than 1 VPS/Server product with the same domain name, same as you can not order more than 1 shared hosting product with the same domain name. Hostname/Domain names are the unique identifiers for the services, so can not be duplicated, AFAIK. 

5 minutes ago, WHMCS Sachin said:

As @brian already mentioned, it is due to the new stricter hostname validation. Now it is not possible to order more than 1 VPS/Server product with the same domain name, same as you can not order more than 1 shared hosting product with the same domain name. Hostname/Domain names are the unique identifiers for the services, so can not be duplicated, AFAIK. 

Thank you very much, I got 🙂

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Find the line:

<input type="text" name="ns1prefix" class="form-control" id="inputNs1prefix" value="{$server.ns1prefix}" placeholder="ns1">

Replace the line with:

<input type="text" name="ns1prefix" class="form-control" id="inputNs1prefix" value="ns1">

Find the line:

<input type="text" name="ns2prefix" class="form-control" id="inputNs2prefix" value="{$server.ns2prefix}" placeholder="ns2">

Replace the line with:

<input type="text" name="ns2prefix" class="form-control" id="inputNs2prefix" value="ns2">

nameserver-validation.jpg

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II
  • Solution

Hello,

The fields are required however they can be hidden by editing the  /templates/orderforms/your_active_template/configureproduct.tpl file.

https://github.com/WHMCS/orderforms-standard_cart/blob/master/configureproduct.tpl#L120-L148

To remove one or more of the default fields on your order form entirely, you can change the field type to hidden and supply a unique value.

For example:

Find:

<label for="inputNs1prefix">{$LANG.serverns1prefix}</label>
<input type="text" name="ns1prefix" class="form-control" id="inputNs1prefix" value="{$server.ns1prefix}" placeholder="ns1">

<label for="inputNs2prefix">{$LANG.serverns2prefix}</label>
<input type="text" name="ns2prefix" class="form-control" id="inputNs2prefix" value="{$server.ns2prefix}" placeholder="ns2">

Replace with:

<!-- <label for="inputNs1prefix">{$LANG.serverns1prefix}</label> -->
<input type="hidden" name="ns1prefix" class="form-control" id="inputNs1prefix" value="host{$smarty.now}" placeholder="ns1">

<!-- <label for="inputNs2prefix">{$LANG.serverns2prefix}</label> -->
<input type="hidden" name="ns2prefix" class="form-control" id="inputNs2prefix" value="host{$smarty.now}" placeholder="ns2">

The password field is expecting user input and if not required you can hide this as above.

We recommend creating your own custom order form to preserve changes through any upgrades - http://docs.whmcs.com/Order_Form_Templates#Creating_a_Custom_Order_Form_Template