Hostname requirement in order form

Hello,

Apparently something changed in this new 7.6 Update as for why hostnames are a 'must' now. With this I mean:

In my order form, for Dedicated/VPS servers, I had the fields 'hostname, ns1, ns2' hidden because many customers were confused by it. Instead, I had that part 'hidden'  and a fixed value 'N/A' filled automatically.

This 'trick' still works, except for the 'hostname' value. As it now reports that the value 'NA' is already in use. Therefore, I cannot autofill the value N/A there. Is there any way to always fill a random value as hostname? Or to remove that 'check if hostname exsits' step?

Code shown below:

{if $productinfo.type eq "server"}
              <div class="sub-heading"> <span>{$LANG.cartconfigserver}</span> </div>
              <div class="field-container">
                <div class="row">
                  <div class="col-sm-6">
                    <div class="form-group">
                      <label for="inputHostname">{$LANG.serverhostname}</label>
                      <input type="text" name="hostname" class="form-control" id="inputHostname" value="{$server.hostname}" placeholder="Fill a server name in ex: myserver01">
                    </div>

</div>
                  <div hidden>
                  <div class="col-sm-6">
                    <div class="form-group">
                      <label for="inputRootpw">{$LANG.serverrootpw}</label>
                      <input type="password" name="rootpw" class="form-control" id="inputRootpw" value="NA">
                    </div>
                  </div>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <div hidden>
                <div class="row">
                  <div class="col-sm-6">
                    <div class="form-group">
                      <label for="inputNs1prefix">{$LANG.serverns1prefix}</label>
                      <input type="text" name="ns1prefix" class="form-control" id="inputNs1prefix" value="NA" placeholder="ns1">
                    </div>
                  </div>
                  <div class="col-sm-6">
                    <div class="form-group">
                      <label for="inputNs2prefix">{$LANG.serverns2prefix}</label>
                      <input type="text" name="ns2prefix" class="form-control" id="inputNs2prefix" value="NA" placeholder="ns2">
                    </div>
                  </div>
                </div>
                </div>
              </div>
              {/if}

If you look at the first part, you'll see the value= field. If i put NA there just like I did in the rest, it does report that value is already being used.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Frozen233 said:

Apparently something changed in this new 7.6 Update as for why hostnames are a 'must' now.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Changelog:WHMCS_V7.6

CORE-12138 - Improve validation of server hostname and nameserver in cart

This 'trick' still works, except for the 'hostname' value. As it now reports that the value 'NA' is already in use. Therefore, I cannot autofill the value N/A there. Is there any way to always fill a random value as hostname? Or to remove that 'check if hostname exists' step?

if you want to edit the template, you could always use {$smarty.now} to add a timestamp as the hostname... not random, but unless you get 2 users ordering at exactly the same time, it should work...

<input type="text" name="hostname" class="form-control" id="inputHostname" value="host{$smarty.now}" placeholder="Fill a server name in ex: myserver01">

DNxNun3.png

alternatively, you could use a ClientAreaPageCart hook, generate a random string, optionally check that it hasn't been previously used in the db, and then pass it back to the template as $server.hostname - but if you've already edited the template to add the other NA values, then you might as well just edit the template one more time! 😀

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...