Tax Exempt Checkbox

can someone confirm whether the Tax Exempt checkbox works correctly in the Admin Area clientsummary profile tab?

Bly8UzP.png

if you tick the checkbox, it doesn't alter the tax exempt status in the tblclients database table, nor does it keep the checkbox ticked... i'm seeing this on v7.6 and v7.5.2, so it may well be an old bug - or i'm missing something... though the docs imply it should work as i'm trying to.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Tax/VAT#Setting_Clients_as_Tax_Exempt

You may have clients where you don't want to charge any tax. If this is the case, you need to set them as Tax Exempt. This is done by ticking the tax exempt checkbox on the clients profile page in the admin area.

I can enable/disable tax exempt status using the link on the Client Summary page...

C29FsiK.png

... and once enabled, I can DISABLE it using the checkbox in the profile tab (first image above)... but I can't use that same checkbox to ENABLE it. ๐Ÿ™„

I tried on 2x WHMCS. Same version (7.5.2). It works on one of them but not on the other ๐Ÿคจ Activity Log is fine...

Client Profile Modified - Tax Exempt: 'Disabled' to 'Enabled'

Edit: but maybe it's my fault. There are a lot of hooks involved. I tried on a third system and it works.

Edited by Kian

thanks for checking... disabled all hooks (and no 3rd party addons) and still doesn't work... oh it says in the activity log that it's disabling/enabling the setting, but in reality it isn't doing it in the database.... not a biggie, as I can get around it using the other link, or editing the db directly.

sadly, now that the Softaculous WHMCS demo has been removed, there isn't a "clean" public version in which you can test these things. ๐Ÿ™„

Hi John,

5 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

Do you have the Tax Exempt option enabled in the Addons > EU VAT Addon?

yes - that was the problem! ๐Ÿ™„

but wouldn't the fact that the "Exempt From Tax" link on the profile works, then be a bug - because surely both should either work, or neither... but not just one.

ย 

ย 

ย