New poster - I can't reply to some topics.

Hi,

I'm a new poster. I really want to reply to this topic to see if there was a solution: 

But I don't have a reply button and it's not giving me any indication as to why? Is it permissions? Is it because I'm a new poster? Is the topic "closed" somehow?

I'm really confused. I can make new topics, and I can reply to some other topics I've looked at, but not all. Why is this?

Thanks 

tHi @rosswintle

We automatically close off posts that have had no activity in 90 days (3 months) because this post was last updated in 2017 it is closed to new activity.

In regards to the question, you'd need to apply skip --CreateInvoices to the end of your cron job in order to skip the creation of invoices via the cron, however they will till appear when a client creates a package

Ah. OK. And thanks for the info. I found the documentation page on cron options so think I can get this working.

It would be good if there was some kind of label on topics here to say that they are closed. It's very confusing otherwise.  Perhaps this exists and I just can't see it?

Thanks again for the speedy help!

Also, that command didn't work.

I set up a cron to do:

php -q /home/mydomain/public_html/clients/crons/cron.php skip --CreateInvoices --AddLateFees --ProcessCreditCardPayments --InvoiceReminders --DomainRenewalNotices --CancellationRequests --AutoSuspensions --AutoTerminations --FixedTermTerminations --CloseInactiveTickets --CreditCardExpiryNotices --OverageBilling

And it created 5 invoices for me.  Fortunately I've blocked sending emails. 

Any ideas why this happened?

Ross

12 hours ago, rosswintle said:

It would be good if there was some kind of label on topics here to say that they are closed. It's very confusing otherwise.  Perhaps this exists and I just can't see it?

There should be a banner stating that it is closed i'll look into why it wasnt appearing for you

Regarding the cron, i'd recommend opening a support ticket at WHMCS.com so the team can look into it, it's important to keep in mind the one of the primary functions of WHMCS is the automation of billing 

2 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

There should be a banner stating that it is closed i'll look into why it wasnt appearing for you

Not for me either. Just the absence of the "reply to this topic" button, and a textual "start new topic" in gray where that would normally appear.

13 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

if it helps Chris, i'm not seeing the usual red text message in that thread saying it's closed either... there's just nothing.