Affiliate Section

waz

Some really urgent reworking and updates to the Affiliate section and processes.

1) The ability to have Affiliates linked to a client, which will then automatically link to all all that clients associated products/services that are commission-able.

2) The ability to link product addons to an affiliate, we would like to pay commission against the product/service and all the associated addons to that product/service.

3) On the Affiliates client portal the ability to view the referred clients names and product/service, at present it just shows the product/service name with no associated referred client name.

On 3/19/2018 at 11:30, waz said:

Some really urgent reworking and updates to the Affiliate section and processes.

WHMCS looks up the work "urgent" in their dictionary... doesn't seem to be there... confused looks around WHMCS Towers... :?:

1) The ability to have Affiliates linked to a client, which will then automatically link to all all that clients associated products/services that are commission-able.

already requested 5 years ago...

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/assign-affiliate-to-customer-account-view-customer-information

you see what I mean about urgency... if a feature request hasn't been completed after 5+ years, I don't think a post in feedback is going to be much help.

2) The ability to link product addons to an affiliate, we would like to pay commission against the product/service and all the associated addons to that product/service.

would probably require another feature request... I think there are third-party addons in  Marketplace that can do that, but not the core product.

3) On the Affiliates client portal the ability to view the referred clients names and product/service, at present it just shows the product/service name with no associated referred client name.

I was involved in a thread about that three years ago...

there would be better ways to do it, but the above method should still work... certainly, if you wanted to add products/service, you might need an action hook to recreate the $referrals array with everything you want (e.g it already has the user ID, but not their name) - that would just be an inner join to another database table... and adjust the table to show it.

42 minutes ago, brian! said:

already requested 5 years ago...

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/assign-affiliate-to-customer-account-view-customer-information

you see what I mean about urgency... if a feature request hasn't been completed after 5+ years, I don't think a post in feedback is going to be much help.

So what do you do, hurry up and wait? Are there options to pay to have these features like this added

On 20/03/2018 at 3:21 PM, waz said:

So what do you do, hurry up and wait?

the important thing to realise is that WHMCS development is slow... and I mean really slow... if you can accept that early on, then it's makes using WHMCS less stressful.

On 20/03/2018 at 3:21 PM, waz said:

Are there options to pay to have these features like this added

if you mean pay WHMCS, then no... if WHMCS want to add a feature, they'll add it in their own sweet time - we get no advanced notice of what they're working on until the first beta comes out... and with v7.5 being released imminently, and assuming there isn't a v7.6, the v8 beta period is probably 6+ months away.

the general procedural advice I would give would be this (and I should do this as a flow chart lol)...

1.  if the feature you want to change is a bug (by WHMCS' definition of the term), and there is a beta currently in development, then report it as a bug and something may get done 'quickly'... and that's quickly in WHMCS terms, so possibly weeks while the beta testing is ongoing... anytime not in a beta period, then at best it might be months until the next release... potentially, you might get a hotfix, but even that might take weeks of internal testing.
    btw - your questions 1&2 are not bugs, they're feature requests... so is 3 really, but that one can easily be solved by other methods.
  2. if not a bug, then it's a feature request and you're supposed to go to requests.whmcs.com and submit the request... sadly on a practical level, that's pointless because of the time is takes for them to be completed (unless your request is a "wouldn't it be nice one day if WHMCS can do..." type and then it's not time-critical... the minute you decide that you need WHMCS to have feature "X" now/soon, then it's not worth wasting time submitting a request that will take years to complete (and relies on others voting for it too).
    btw - that's not how it should work, but after 5 years here, I can tell you that is exactly how it does work.
  3. if not a feature request, then check to see if a third-party solution exists within Marketplace - whilst there are many developers who don't add their products to Marketplace, as a central store for addons, it's one of the easier places to look.
  4. post here in the f0rums and ask if there is a solution to do X.... someone might know of a third-party solution - though if they're a developer and have previously written a solution to that particular issue, they won't be able to tell you (apart from in one sub-f0rum) as it's self promotion/advertising and against the rules!; alternatively, if it's a relatively simple issue like Q3, then there will be ways to do it by using hooks, editing templates etc... and if you're lucky, the question will have been asked and answered previously.
  5. post in Service Offers & Requests, explain what you want to do and get quotes from interested developers for paid solutions... if you're willing to pay for a solution, then a developer should be able to solve the issue... probably even before any WHMCS staff member would have read a feature request!

you could potentially swap steps 3 & 4 around, but that depends on what the issue is and whether it can be quickly fixed or needs a commercial solution.

there are lots of WHMCS core features that haven't fundamentally changed in years - Affiliates is one example and I think it's basically the same as it was when I got my first WHMCS license in 2013... I can't think of any new features that have been added to Affiliates.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @waz,

We always welcome feedback and suggestions on how we can improve existing features of the product. We prefer to collate ideas in a single place: https://requests.whmcs.com . Due to the volume of suggestions and requests we receive, we have to prioritize what we work on based on the things that are being asked for the most, and that will benefit the most number of users. At this time requests for other areas of the product have received more votes; for example the request brian! mentioned has only received 11 votes over 5 years. As such it's not currently on our future roadmap, but should demand change it's certainly something we can consider.

For any features you wish to see, please do show your support by voting and taking part in the discussions at https://requests.whmcs.com

• 2 months later...

When I turn off the "purchase required", I get 450 "sign ups" from China in very short order. When I turn it on, nobody but customers can sign up as affiliates, making the affiliate function mostly useless for anything but remarketing.

The sign-up/registration should REQUIRE confirmation FIRST before adding to the "clients" list, and a CAPTCHA might be useful.

That feature SHOULD have been included years ago.