whmcssmarters.com experience

robetus

I just wanted to let the community know of my experience with whmcssmarters.com in the hopes that they think twice about purchasing anything on there. I would defiantly not recommend it.

I asked for a refund within 2 days of purchasing the product and Amanpreet Singh of whmcssmarters informed me that he would like to improve the product and told me to wait but told me I would be refunded if I did not like the product after he changed it. I agreed and waited. After about 3 weeks of not hearing back from anyone. I stated I would like my money back and was refused. Here is the conversation between myself and Amanpreet Singh: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dvs1om6r07bvsx/claim-info.png?dl=0 

Some of the original conversation was deleted by whmcssmarter's staff but enough is there to state my case. Hopefully other buyers will read this, no one should do business with a person or company that behaves in such a way.

This https://www.whmcssmarters.com/refund-policy/ clearly states a 7 day refund, and I was lied to and told to wait until the 7 days expired to be refused a refund.

Also, the product requires complete customization of an external page on your WHMCS install, also not recommended because it goes outside your WHMCS theme. The default design is also very poor. This is why I requested a refund.

2 hours ago, robetus said:

I just wanted to let the community know of my experience with whmcssmarters.com in the hopes that they think twice about purchasing anything on there. I would defiantly not recommend it.

i'm glad to see that you also posted these comments as a review on his product page in Marketplace - I suspect more people will see that review than they will this post. :idea:

• 4 years later...

I had a pretty bad experience with WHMCSSmarters. The initial conversation was promising and I payed for the service. Unfortunately, over time I kept running into random issues with my website/billing platform. Everything would completely crash.  Their team kept blaming me for the issues because as if I did something and would proceed to bill me to fix "my mistakes". Of course, I was not involved with these issues. After a month of working on the frontend. My website went down again for the 3rd time. Again, WHMCSSmarters proceeded to blame me for the root cause. The last issue was the last drop. 

The last issue is what did it for me. My website was hacked and my database + frontend was stolen and held ransom for a crypto payment of around $500. They threated to expose my "sensitive information." The biggest sign that WHMCSSmarters are scammers is that they did not tell me I was hacked when it was pretty clear by the TXT file that was left by the hackers. They accused me of deleting my database & frontend on purpose. They proceeded to bill me to do a completely new setup of my frontend and billing to start ALL OVER for a cost. I had to hire someone to investigate my hack because I had a feeling WHMCSSmarters were hiding something. My new hire told me I was hacked right away and showed me the note. 

For those looking to hire WHMCSSmarters, take caution. I suspect that they "throw rocks under your tires" to crash your website and then proceed to bill you to fix the mistakes that they accuse you of doing. I would not recommend using them. There are plenty of developers out there who are honest for less cost. All the best. 

OHnwb.jpg

@Dugger88 Have you tried to "triangulate" information to confirm they truly did this to you? All you need is:

• Determining as precisely as possible when your database disappeared
  • Look for their IP log in for the timestamp in question (if they used Tor it's game over)

Moreover it looks they had access to your phpMyAdmin. If you are lucky enough, you could try the following. Click the small "Console" button at the very bottom of the page. phpMyAdmin offers a brief history of SQL statements but some people configure it to store hundreds if not thousands of queries. You should look for DROP statements. If you find some, it means your db has been deleted directly from phpMyAdmin and not from a backdoor.

immagine.thumb.png.3f7936c4d7fe6cea5c45dc4bd4d97219.png

Next you could try checking if they uploaded a backdoor (a .php file) to your system to mess up with you. Lazy people usually bury such file deep within your root directory. Scan your access log and look any access to .php files that are not the official ones of WHMCS or that are placed in strange places.

In case they included the backdoor in a module they sold you, still in access log look for direct access to any .php these files (eg. if their module is in modules/addons/hello look here).

Don't forget that if you are quick enough you can still recover your database. As far as I know mysql keeps all data for a certain time. It simply "forgets" tables but they're still on the HD. Also make sure they can no longer access your server before investigating otherwise they could remove proofs if they happen to see this post.

Important: I am not saying they are responsible for what happened to you. I am simply trying to help.

Edited by Kian