Error upgrading from 7.2.3 - 7.4.2

Hey

Trying to run the auto updater to update from 7.2.3 - 7.4.2. My PHP version is 7.0, max_execution_time 300 and memory_limit 256m however it is still giving me the following error:

A fatal error occurred while fetching the update.
Please check to make sure your memory limits and execution time are set to the recommended values.

Anyone any ideas what else to check or suggest?

Many thanks,
David 

Hi David,

17 hours ago, bfsdavidt15 said:

do you have sufficient webspace in the temporary path for the download ?? it needs at least 250MB.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Automatic_Updater

the alternative solution would be to update manually, grab the latest full release of v7.4.2 from download.whmcs.com, backup your database and files and follow the manual upgrade instructions.

On 2/7/2018 at 1:00 PM, bfsdavidt15 said:

Don't use the auto updater? No, seriously, just don't.... I have yet to see this succeed.

Aside from that, you'll want to open a support ticket. They'll need to root around in there a bit and see what's wrong... Or they'll have you give them some logs that may help resolve the issue.

3 hours ago, twhiting9275 said:

Don't use the auto updater? No, seriously, just don't.... I have yet to see this succeed.

i've had it work more often than not... though the automatic upgrade from v7.4.1 to v7.4.2 failed on the dev... I wasn't going to waste time trying to decipher the reason, I just downloaded the incremental update from WHMCS and updated manually.

btw - 27MB for an incremental update??? full versions of v5 or v6 were smaller than that!

there's very little reason to use the automatic updater anyway... yes it's slightly more convenient, but you still need to remember to backup the files and database before starting the update.... and even if it's "successful", there's still no guarantee you're not going to run into an error caused by a corrupt file later on...

• 1 month later...

Hello guys.

I have anomaly problem. I have WHMCS 7.2 and try to update WHMCS 7.4/7.5. Automatic update is updated WHMCS from 7.2 to 7.3. But, when he try upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4 I get error:

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'role_ids' in 'where clause' (SQL: select * from `tbldeviceauth` where `role_ids` = and `tbldeviceauth`.`deleted_at` is null)

I don't know what is that and why I get this error. I open the tbldeviceauth and no "role_ids" in this table.

I open log and get this:

[2018-04-06 10:52:27][WHMCS Installer] DEBUG: An upgrade from 7.2.3-release.1 to 7.4.2-release.1 will be attempted. []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] DEBUG: Installer bootstrapped []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Applying incremental updates to existing installation []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Applying Updates for 7.3.0-alpha.1 []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: createAuthnTables []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: addConfigureSignInIntegrationPermission []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: rewordUnchangedClientSignUpEmail []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: createPendingUpgradeOrderCancelledEmailTemplate []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: convertOldBackupSettings []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: registerJobsQueueTask []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: rewordUnchangedClientSignUpEmail []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: addMissingOauthScopes []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: cloneOauthScopeShoppingCartAddonsPivots []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: syncApplicationLinksOnUpgrade []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Removing any obsolete file and directories []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Applying Updates for 7.3.0-beta.1 []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Removing any obsolete file and directories []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Applying Updates for 7.3.0-rc.1 []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Applying Updates for 7.3.0-release.1 []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: removeArchivingOnlyMarketConnectProduct []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: removeArchivingOnlyMarketConnectAddon []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Applying Updates for 7.4.0-alpha.1 []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: removeVarilogixModuleIfNotInUse []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: addAdditionalccTLDs []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: addApiRoleIfCredentialsExist []
[2018-04-06 10:52:30][WHMCS Installer] ERROR: Upgrade process terminated due to error. []
[2018-04-06 10:52:54][WHMCS Installer] DEBUG: Installer bootstrapped []
[2018-04-06 10:52:56][WHMCS Installer] DEBUG: Installer bootstrapped []
[2018-04-06 10:52:56][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Previous install detected []
[2018-04-06 10:52:56][WHMCS Installer] DEBUG: An upgrade from 7.3.0-release.1 to 7.4.2-release.1 will be attempted. []
[2018-04-06 10:54:01][WHMCS Installer] DEBUG: Installer bootstrapped []
[2018-04-06 10:54:01][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Applying incremental updates to existing installation []
[2018-04-06 10:54:01][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Applying Updates for 7.4.0-alpha.1 []
[2018-04-06 10:54:01][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: removeVarilogixModuleIfNotInUse []
[2018-04-06 10:54:01][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: addAdditionalccTLDs []
[2018-04-06 10:54:01][WHMCS Installer] INFO: Performing Update Action: addApiRoleIfCredentialsExist []
[2018-04-06 10:54:01][WHMCS Installer] ERROR: Upgrade process terminated due to error. []

I write to WHMCS but no answer at this time. Any idea? Site is down.. Sad situation.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello @Tengri

It looks to me like your ` tbldeviceauth` database table is missing the `role_ids` column.

Please ensure you have a backup you can revert to and then try this (if you feel confident enough to do so):

1) Manually execute the SQL query below on your WHMCS database:

ALTER TABLE tbldeviceauth
ADD role_ids text;

2) Download a copy of WHMCS 7.4.2 here: http://download.whmcs.com/

Extract the files from the download, delete the 'configuration.php.new' file and uploaded the contents to your WHMCS directory, overwriting existing files.

3) Visit the '/install' directory in your browser which will attempt to update your WHMCS database to version 7.4.2, which should now work as the error it encountered before with the `role_ids` column has been resolved in step 1.

Please take a full backup before doing this, your database and configuration.php file are vital! If you are in any doubt, request in your ticket that a member of our team look into this for you and restore your installation from  the backup you took prior to any update to bring it back online in the meantime.

@WHMCS Alex

I think I add column (you can see it in screenshot). 

But now, I get another problem:

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'blindcopyto' in 'field list' (SQL: insert into `tblemailtemplates` (`subject`, `message`, `type`, `custom`, `attachments`, `name`, `language`, `fromname`, `fromemail`, `disabled`, `copyto`, `blindcopyto`, `plaintext`, `updated_at`, `created_at`) values (Notification Message,
{$notification_title}
{$notification_message}
{foreach from=$notification_attributes item=$attribute}
{$attribute.label}: {if $attribute.icon}{/if}{if $attribute.style}{/if}{if $attribute.url}{$attribute.value}{else}{$attribute.value}{/if}{if $attribute.style}{/if}
{/foreach}, notification, 0, , Default Notification Message, , , , 0, , , 0, 2018-04-06 15:49:45, 2018-04-06 15:49:45)) 

Screenshot-2018-4-6 Table tbldeviceauth - 195 181 244 187 - Adminer.png

Hello @Tengri

It appears you are also missing a column from your 'tblemailtemplates' database table.

Same process as before (without uploading the files) but with this SQL query:

ALTER TABLE tblemailtemplates
ADD blind_copy_to text;

Visit the install directory and try the update again.

I add display error - true to configuration file. And got this error:

LogicException: The specified path "/home/xyz.com/www/resources/views/error" does not exist. in /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/league/plates/src/Template/Directory.php:35
Stack trace:
#0 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/league/plates/src/Engine.php(71): League\Plates\Template\Directory->set('/home/ourhost.a...')
#1 /home/xyz.com/www/includes/functions.php(0): League\Plates\Engine->setDirectory('/home/ourhost.a...')
#2 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Admin/ApplicationSupport/Http/Message/ResponseFactory.php(0): view('error.oops', Array)
#3 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Http/Message/ResponseFactory.php(0): WHMCS\Admin\ApplicationSupport\Http\Message\ResponseFactory->genericError(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), 404)
#4 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Route/Middleware/BackendPsr7Response.php(0): WHMCS\Http\Message\ResponseFactory->factoryFromException(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(WHMCS\Exception\HttpCodeException))
#5 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Dispatcher.php(76): WHMCS\Route\Middleware\BackendPsr7Response->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(Middlewares\Utils\Delegate))
#6 [internal function]: Middlewares\Utils\Dispatcher->Middlewares\Utils\{closure}(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#7 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Delegate.php(31): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#8 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Dispatcher.php(56): Middlewares\Utils\Delegate->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#9 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Route/Middleware/BackendDispatch.php(0): Middlewares\Utils\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#10 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Route/Middleware/Strategy/AssumingMiddlewareTrait.php(0): WHMCS\Route\Middleware\BackendDispatch->_process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(Middlewares\Utils\Delegate))
#11 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Dispatcher.php(76): WHMCS\Route\Middleware\BackendDispatch->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(Middlewares\Utils\Delegate))
#12 [internal function]: Middlewares\Utils\Dispatcher->Middlewares\Utils\{closure}(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#13 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Delegate.php(31): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#14 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Route/Middleware/RoutePathMatch.php(0): Middlewares\Utils\Delegate->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#15 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Route/Middleware/Strategy/AssumingMiddlewareTrait.php(0): WHMCS\Route\Middleware\RoutePathMatch->_process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(Middlewares\Utils\Delegate))
#16 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Dispatcher.php(76): WHMCS\Route\Middleware\RoutePathMatch->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(Middlewares\Utils\Delegate))
#17 [internal function]: Middlewares\Utils\Dispatcher->Middlewares\Utils\{closure}(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#18 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Delegate.php(31): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#19 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Route/Middleware/WhitelistFilter.php(0): Middlewares\Utils\Delegate->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#20 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Route/Middleware/Strategy/DelegatingMiddlewareTrait.php(0): WHMCS\Route\Middleware\WhitelistFilter->_process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(Middlewares\Utils\Delegate))
#21 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Dispatcher.php(76): WHMCS\Route\Middleware\WhitelistFilter->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(Middlewares\Utils\Delegate))
#22 [internal function]: Middlewares\Utils\Dispatcher->Middlewares\Utils\{closure}(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#23 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Delegate.php(31): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#24 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Route/Middleware/RoutableClientModuleRequest.php(0): Middlewares\Utils\Delegate->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#25 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Route/Middleware/Strategy/AssumingMiddlewareTrait.php(0): WHMCS\Route\Middleware\RoutableClientModuleRequest->_process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(Middlewares\Utils\Delegate))
#26 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Dispatcher.php(76): WHMCS\Route\Middleware\RoutableClientModuleRequest->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(Middlewares\Utils\Delegate))
#27 [internal function]: Middlewares\Utils\Dispatcher->Middlewares\Utils\{closure}(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#28 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Delegate.php(31): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#29 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Route/Middleware/RoutableAdminRequestUri.php(0): Middlewares\Utils\Delegate->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#30 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Route/Middleware/Strategy/AssumingMiddlewareTrait.php(0): WHMCS\Route\Middleware\RoutableAdminRequestUri->_process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(Middlewares\Utils\Delegate))
#31 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Dispatcher.php(76): WHMCS\Route\Middleware\RoutableAdminRequestUri->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(Middlewares\Utils\Delegate))
#32 [internal function]: Middlewares\Utils\Dispatcher->Middlewares\Utils\{closure}(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#33 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Delegate.php(31): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#34 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Route/Middleware/RoutableRequestUri.php(0): Middlewares\Utils\Delegate->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#35 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Route/Middleware/Strategy/AssumingMiddlewareTrait.php(0): WHMCS\Route\Middleware\RoutableRequestUri->_process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(Middlewares\Utils\Delegate))
#36 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Dispatcher.php(76): WHMCS\Route\Middleware\RoutableRequestUri->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(Middlewares\Utils\Delegate))
#37 [internal function]: Middlewares\Utils\Dispatcher->Middlewares\Utils\{closure}(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#38 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Delegate.php(31): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#39 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Route/Middleware/RoutableRequestQueryUri.php(0): Middlewares\Utils\Delegate->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#40 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Route/Middleware/Strategy/AssumingMiddlewareTrait.php(0): WHMCS\Route\Middleware\RoutableRequestQueryUri->_process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(Middlewares\Utils\Delegate))
#41 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Dispatcher.php(76): WHMCS\Route\Middleware\RoutableRequestQueryUri->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest), Object(Middlewares\Utils\Delegate))
#42 [internal function]: Middlewares\Utils\Dispatcher->Middlewares\Utils\{closure}(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#43 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Delegate.php(31): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#44 /home/xyz.com/www/vendor/middlewares/utils/src/Dispatcher.php(56): Middlewares\Utils\Delegate->process(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#45 /home/xyz.com/www/init.php(0): Middlewares\Utils\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(WHMCS\Http\Message\ServerRequest))
#46 /home/xyz.com/www/odrad/dologin.php(0): unknown()
#47 {main}

20 minutes ago, Tengri said:

Moreover, I just checked that the site does not work properly WHMCS. Does not show services, etc., What is this horror?

I don't think you have any domains, products or support departments in your database - I can see announcements, but that's about it. :?:

if Alex isn't around, you might be better off opening a ticket direct with support and letting them have a look at your installation.

also, during the upgrade process, it's probably better to use the "Six" theme, rather than your custom, because that will give you a better indication of it working, rather than an older custom template.

2 hours ago, brian! said:

I don't think you have any domains, products or support departments in your database - I can see announcements, but that's about it. :?:

if Alex isn't around, you might be better off opening a ticket direct with support and letting them have a look at your installation.

also, during the upgrade process, it's probably better to use the "Six" theme, rather than your custom, because that will give you a better indication of it working, rather than an older custom template.

Yeah, but where do you see the template problem here? I even admin can't get to understand what is happening. I copied this mistake here. Maybe the situation will correct the upgrade in the manual?

I fix problem with admin panel. But I don't see any services.. Pending orders and overdue invoices is empty. But users and our statistics (pay too) still here. Which tables in datebase answer for "pendig orders", "overdue invoices" and "services"?  

14 hours ago, Tengri said:

I don't understand what's the connection between the admin panel and template? With the template I will deal later - I can't log in to admin. Which, as you know not affiliated with any template. 

we were just trying to save you time in the future...

13 hours ago, Tengri said:

I fix problem with admin panel. But I don't see any services.. Pending orders and overdue invoices is empty. But users and our statistics (pay too) still here. Which tables in database answer for "pendig orders", "overdue invoices" and "services"?  

tblorders, tblinvoices and tblhosting (services) and tblproducts (products) - if you want my advice, I would do nothing and, as I suggested earlier, contact support and get them to have a look... if the products, invoices and domains database tables are empty (or even if they're not), you might do more damage just trying to fix them yourself.

29 minutes ago, Tengri said:

Yes, of course. I mean send you for check.

I don't work for WHMCS, so you shouldn't be sending critical files, e.g your database, to strangers. :)

opening a ticket would allow the support guys to see more than the database, and they'd be able to get a clearer picture of the situation.

Hello @Tengri

I fix problem with admin panel. But I don't see any services.. Pending orders and overdue invoices is empty. But users and our statistics (pay too) still here. Which tables in datebase answer for "pendig orders", "overdue invoices" and "services"? 

That is most strange and should definitely not have resulted due to updating. As @brian! said please do not share any access or your database itself with anybody in this community, not even WHMCS staff (like myself), please provide those details securely in the ticket you have open with us.

I am not on-shift today, but it would advise sharing that access via ticket and having one of our support analysts review this for you.

It turned out that the base is simply not imported in completely. That's all she wrote. We all filled in manually and the data returned. And support from WHMCS even the nature of the problem are not able to identify.

Edited by Tengri