IP, server inventory management

battles

Looking for recommendations on rack/inventory management.

Trying Device 42 now and it's nice, but with virtual machines counting as devices. The price is going to skyrocket for us.

I've seen this, but reviews are mixed and looks like not a lot of dev going into it: https://whmcsglobalservices.com/rack...er-whmcs-adon/

Looked at racktables too, but looks clunky.

Anyone using something they like? I want to manage IPs, VLANS, hardware, parts, etc.

What, specifically are you looking for? I mean, 'inventory management' can mean a whole hell of a lot to a ton of different folks.

I haven't looked at rack 42, but I can definitely see how this might be a bit expensive if virtual machines are going to be counted as devices.

If you're just looking for server and IP management, yeah, this shouldn't be terribly hard to do. if, however, you're looking for a bit more complicated functionality (reboot, shutdown, reload, spare hardware management and assignment), this can get rather complicated rather quickly.

I've long thought I need to start putting my own together, for various reasons. Time just hasn't been on my side for that one

Yeah to me inventory management is just keeping track of assets - no functionality over machines other than possible collection of OS, IP, etc. Subnets, serial numbers, when hardware was ordered, put into production, what parts were replaced etc etc - is what I am after. Device 42 does this really really well. It may be overkill for our needs - probably more geared toward enterprises with a huge server footprint and lots of people ordering gear.

yeah Device42 gets way up there I just confirmed that anything with an IP is a "device" to them. I'm so tired of that pricing model. It's rampant in this industry.

Integration with WHMCS is a plus for sure, but im open to outside solutions.