Modules Garden experiences?

shocked

Hey everyone,

Do any of you have any feedback on working with modulesgarden?  We are having some real issues getting any kind of timely support responses (ie, one useless response every 24-48hrs).  I am wondering if others have had a similar experience or if this is unusual.

Thanks

I'm going to go against my normal policy and recommend against working with these guys, for quite a few reasons... Yeah, in a way they're a "competitor", but let's face it, you don't see me slamming , or bashing competitors often (or, ever), and I'm man enough to know that the world needs more than just me :)

The reality? ModulesGarden is a support hell that you just keep getting sucked into, unfortunately.

Case in point:
I was working with a provider last year. They had contracted MG for some work, or bought a module from them (not sure which). Customer reported to us in June/July (I can't forget which) that the module was broken. Ok, no problem, stuff happens, report it to the devs, right? So, we did that.
Weeks went by, no update. Nothing, nada.
Finally, we get something a month or two later, they say "It's fixed, here's a new release, etc"
We put the new release across the board (100s of servers), yeaaaah, it's worse than it was before.
We go back to MG, say "Hey, it's still broken, and it's worse now"... 
A few weeks later, same thing. They say "Hey, this should fix this, etc, etc, etc"
We put the fix in, and some of it (??) works, but still other things are broken.

Long story short, here we are , in January, and lo and behold at the beginning of January, this thing still wasn't fixed.

I wish I could even say this was the first time I'd heard this story, or seen this result from them, but not so much.

There's quite a few competitors out there. ModulesGarden is by far, the worst one you could possibly choose to do your work.

6 hours ago, twhiting9275 said:

Case in point:
I was working with a provider last year. They had contracted MG for some work, or bought a module from them (not sure which). Customer reported to us in June/July (I can't forget which) that the module was broken. Ok, no problem, stuff happens, report it to the devs, right? So, we did that.

You say you were working with a provider and contacted MG on their behalf, looks like. How is it you don't recall the specifics? You say you're not sure if it was work, or a module, and then say the "module was broken". Seems to me if you're going to bash them here (deserved or not), you should have those details at the ready, or leave readers with the appearance it actually is competitor related, despite the disclaimer. 

I didn't say I specifically contacted them, I said the provider did.

That was just one example of working with them. Like I said, there are countless others I could name, but contracts, etc don't allow it.

At the end of the day, as I said, there are plenty of providers out there other than Modules Garden. Any of them would be better than MG, any of them

Well, I can tell you that our experience so far is terrible.  The module has basic errors that we have clearly reported.  Full logs, etc.. showing the error codes, exact steps to reproduce, screenshots...  At best we get one reply after 24 hours, but normally several days pass until we get a useless reply.  The replies are as if they don't even read what we sent.    We reply in minutes and then wait days for another equally useless reply.

I was just wondering if somehow we are unlucky.. but this seems to be a pattern.  I even emailed the owner personally (I have his email since he constantly sends "special offers") and he did not reply at all.

Thank you guys for the feedback!

We've tried to use a couple of the pre-created modules for specific projects.

In both cases they're nowheer near production ready, stable or functionally complete.

For one we ended up writing it ourselves. For the other I'm still tempted to buy the source of theirs to kickstart things, but the implementation isn't mission critical, so have just left it hoping that later versions fix the glaring fundamental errors.

• 4 months later...

Old topic, but I have dealt with Module Gardens for a number of years and have had great service, Unfortunately they changed their licensing model, so I have had to get products elsewhere, but the ones I have with a small yearly fee instead of paying full price each year are well supported.

I wish they would go back to a sane licensing model...Like WHMCS

• 3 months later...

Been using them for several years. Have some of their prebuilt Add-ons. One of them I could never get working correctly, so just trashed it spent a ton of time with support. They did seem helpful, but could never get things right with it.

MG replies have been the next business day the majority of the time. But in all honesty, by the time I reply it really late their time. So reply the next day seems reasonable.