WHMCS V3.5 Discussion [MERGED]

Matt

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great update. I noticed with mine though, that I can't get rid of the 'register domain' or 'transfer domain' options at the first 'order' screen. I've disabled almost every domain registration option, but they still appear.

Also noticed the 3 default order form layouts...I couldn't change between them.

The issues might be just on my end...but I thought I'd check.

Thanks.

I have just removed the references to domains from the templates. Would be nice for a global switch for this tho.

I have just removed the references to domains from the templates. Would be nice for a global switch for this tho.

Agreed

Also, it would be nice to have a true cart system in place here, not just a quasi-cart system.

In a true cart system, you don't have to continually add the product to the cart, you can adjust quantities in either the cart itself, or when adding. So, say client wants to order 3x server monitoring, they don't have to go back and add it over and over again to the system, they can simply add it once, and update the quantities of the system.

This is a good step forward, but still not there yet.

Promotional codes do not work properly with the new shopping cart system.

I made sure the promo code is assigned to the product and it shows within WHMCS with the discounted price, but it does not keep the discounted price once the customer goes to the gateway.

Try ordering the "Shared Linux ECONOMY" package at http://www.interactiveonline.com/billing/cart.php using Promotional Code: FREE12

The "Credit Card" gateway is in test mode right now.

WHMCS shows the 12 free months discount (-$83.40) during checkout but when you click on Credit Card or Paypal the payment is for the entire amount of $98.40. It should only be $15.

also the invoice the customer is sent shows the full amount instead of showing the promotional discount.

Any ideas how to get this fixed?

• WHMCS CEO

Hi Again,

Thanks for the two reports of issues here. Looking into them now.

Regarding action hooks, they now allow you to run your own code after payments are made, when a user checks out from the cart and when a user signs up in the cart. So if your using the new cart system you should now be using them for lead/sales tracking, external affiliate programs, etc...

Matt

I have seen the occasional extra file being posted in threads - for the benefit of those people that download the version, especially in the earlier days (or better always), it would be nice to know within the forums, when an updated version is available for download.

I have seen the occasional extra file being posted in threads - for the benefit of those people that download the version, especially in the earlier days (or better always), it would be nice to know within the forums, when an updated version is available for download.

Thats a good idea as its easy to miss posts etc.

Maybe when an update file is available update the main download and also have a download section for single file/fixes so we don't have to dl it all again for one file.

Thanks

Paul

not too worried about single files - it is more a case of knowing when a revision has taken place & ideally what that file is.

Just because we as an admin do not notice a bug, doesn't mean that our clients haven't noticed - and if that bug has been fixed, then it would be nice to know so that we can upload.

Either that or have an admin checking facility to check for updates. However this might not be instant - so in the meantime notification would be gratefully received :)

• WHMCS CEO

There have only been changes to the cart.php file so far and a small dbconnect.php to force the cart into SSL if you use it - nothing major. There will be a 3.5.1 version when there's enough changes or a big enough issue to warrant it so no need to worry!

Matt

I found a problem with the checkout procedure with the shopping cart.

I have tried both the settings:

"Select to automatically redirect the user to the invoice" & "Select to automatically redirect the user to the gateway" under General Configuration > Ordering.

After a customer clicks "Complete Order" it always takes them back to the login screen and says "You must login to access this page. These login details differ from your websites control panel username and password."

This happens for users that are already created... it also happens to customers who are just creating a new login during the order.

I notice it only works correctly if the customer FIRST clicks Login, then begins the order entry process. If they login when it says "Already Registered? Click here to login" DURING the order entry process it creates this problem.

The reason being is after the customer clicks CHECKOUT it doesn't take you them to the SSL link. When it asks "Already Registered? Click here to login" that link takes them to the non-secure link which saves the login session. After the customer clicks COMPLETE ORDER it then takes them to the SSL link which doesn't have any session saved as far as the login is concerned.

Also under each product the settings "Direct Shopping Cart Link" & "Single Product Order Link" should show the secure link to fix this problem. Can these be changed to use SSL instead?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One of the initial disappointments with 3.50 is the missing www/whois within the cart for domains.

Under the old system it was possible to see the whois on taken domains - now it just says taken.

The only option (I can see) is to have a whois link, which links to the old system.

I can find no method for enabling this within the setup.

Hi,

Okay in that case it would perhaps be a good idea if it was included, mainly for the reason how the system now works (or maybe it has always worked this way, but it now seems rather confuted)

For example if we have a whois page - domainchecker.php

You enter a domain in the usual manor to see if it is available - if the client wants a domain they tick the box next to the domain(s) required - they then click 'order'. I would have expected this then to go straight to an order page. - ie cart.php?a=add&domain=register

But they are then taken to order.php?order=domains, which means that they have to jump through a few extra hoops to get to the same place, including a domain only link on the right which is very easy to miss.

Whereas if they select a domain from our home page they are sent straight to the shopping cart with the domain included once they have selected the domain(s) required on the following page - cutting out several pages which are required if going via the whois page.

Is there a way around this?

• WHMCS CEO

You can set the links via the templates to take the user to any page you want. Send them straight to the cart or send them to the legacy order form - whichever you prefer using. There is new whois code for if you want to use the cart insread of legacy order form in the integration code section.

Matt