Client Login

Currently WHMCS offers the code to allow users to log into WHMCS from your existing web site, however I'm not a big fan of how it works. If the end user has the correct login information it will allow them to log in which is great, however if the end user does not have the correct login information it takes you to the WHMCS page and they can try again from there or reset there password. Can anyone here create something custom so that all this can take place on my web site without bringing the customer into WHMCS?

Allow the customer to log in on my web site, if login information is wrong it will provide an error message on my web site without having to take the user to WHMCS. If the user needs to reset there password they can also do it on my website and not need to go to the WHMCS templates.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi Steven,

You can do this using the WHMCS API https://developers.whmcs.com/api/ quite a simple API to use and understand, but if you are unsure of how API's work check out: https://developers.whmcs.com/api/sample-code/ WHMCS have made it really easy. Currently and also provide additional, so any questions post them up so we can all take a look. Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

Nick.

Thank you for your reply to my question. Much appreciated! I'm actually looking to pay someone to create this "Script" to work. I am no programmer nor do I know how to make this work properly in WHMCS. If you are interested and know how to make it work please let me know how much it would cost me to have you create something to work the way I need it. Thank you in advance for all of your help.

13 minutes ago, Steven123 said:

I'm actually looking to pay someone to create this "Script" to work.

in this case you need to post your request in the Services Offers & Requests community, otherwise developers will not be able to offer any quotes due to community rules.

you can simple report this post so and moderators could move it to the right section.

Currently WHMCS offers the code to allow users to log into WHMCS from your existing web site, however I'm not a big fan of how it works. If the end user has the correct login information it will allow them to log in which is great, however if the end user does not have the correct login information it takes you to the WHMCS page and they can try again from there or reset there password. Can anyone here create something custom so that all this can take place on my web site without bringing the customer into WHMCS?

Allow the customer to log in on my web site, if login information is wrong it will provide an error message on my web site without having to take the user to WHMCS. If the user needs to reset there password they can also do it on my website and not need to go to the WHMCS templates.

I understand that this is something simple to do but I am unable to devote the time to learn to do it. Please let me know how much this would cost.

Thank you in advance for your help!

7 hours ago, sentq said:

in this case you need to post your request in the Services Offers & Requests community, otherwise developers will not be able to offer any quotes due to community rules.

you can simple report this post so and moderators could move it to the right section.

I tried to post it in the section you suggested by for the past 6+ hours it says its waiting to be approved. Hope it gets approved so someone can provide me with a quote so that I can get this done.

9 hours ago, ModulesGarden said:

We will happily customize the login mechanism on your website to make sure it complies with all your wishes. See for yourself that our services are well worthy of consideration - simply use this automated form to receive all key information on your custom software development project.

Thank you for your reply. You already gave me one quote that is 5 times more expensive then others and are requesting 30+ days to do something that should only take a few days to complete.

Hello,

The login itself is performed inside of WHMCS, so yes, that's going to take you to the WHMCS login page. That's just how it works.

There's no 'easy' way around what your after, however it can be done by using the ValidateLogin API . If failed, you can take it back to your own user, or create the session. However, this is the best approach that you'll find.

Once you get the failed password attempt returned, you'll need to authenticate them other ways, perhaps? Or use the UpdateClient API to change their password.

That's not really 'easy' or 'simple', by any means, but it's not terribly complex if you understand the WHMCS API calls well enough.

This can very easily be embedded into your website via form, as long as you can work with the WHMCS API

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2018 at 1:56 AM, twhiting9275 said:

Hello,

The login itself is performed inside of WHMCS, so yes, that's going to take you to the WHMCS login page. That's just how it works.

There's no 'easy' way around what your after, however it can be done by using the ValidateLogin API . If failed, you can take it back to your own user, or create the session. However, this is the best approach that you'll find.

Once you get the failed password attempt returned, you'll need to authenticate them other ways, perhaps? Or use the UpdateClient API to change their password.

That's not really 'easy' or 'simple', by any means, but it's not terribly complex if you understand the WHMCS API calls well enough.

This can very easily be embedded into your website via form, as long as you can work with the WHMCS API

Except ValidateLogin is useless as they either changed the functionality of the call (without documentation) or it's flat-out broke. We use ValidateLogin (since it creates the session properly) but sometime around 7.2-7.3 the functionality has stopped creating sessions and the passwordHash it returns is completely useless to WHMCS itself.

CORE issued, but this kind of stuff is probably the biggest issue we dislike about WHMCS. Changes that either intentionally (without documentation) happen or just completely break between versions. The craziest part is that dologin.php works fine when it comes to creating sessions (obviously) so it would take all of 10 minutes to find the corresponding code that needs to be adjusted in ValidateLogin but alas the source is closed and these kind of bugs are apparently not a high priority to issue a hotfix.