WHMCS PHP Upgrade

Malith Perera

20 hours ago, Malith Perera said:

I want know update it step by step?

As @brian! mentioned, this is kind of (really) useless until WHMCS actually gets on the ball and supports this. The rumor is that 7.5 may(??) support this, at least what I can get from the posted blog entry, we'll see.

As to how to update PHP, that's going to be quite a bit outside of WHMCS support. Again, as @brian! mentioned though, you can try to contact your host.

If you are your host, and you're using cPanel, in WHM, you can do all you want to do with php and multi-php stuff (using easyapache4, which you should be by now), providing you have root access

I've made internal alpha builds with of WHMCS 7.5 with a beta of the ionCube encoder that supports bundled encoding. We have run initial tests on it with the 10.1 ionCube loaders under PHP 7.1 and 7.2. I am confident that WHMCS 7.5 will allow you to upgrade to PHP 7.1 or 7.2 as you desire. Until you've upgraded to WHMCS 7.5, it will not work.

Nate

3 minutes ago, twhiting9275 said:

So, I'm curious @WHMCS Nate , 10.1 will allow php 5.6 and up now then? No more worries about other versions of php?

@twhiting9275 Per the below thread on December 13th 2017 from @WHMCS Nate  WHMCS v7.5 will support PHP 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, and 7.2 environments with IonCube loader 10.1

The team have put some new checks into 7.4.2 in preperation but the thread explains it better

Tom,

I did my best to explain exactly how we are planning on providing support for PHP 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, and 7.2 within WHMCS 7.5 using a single set of files in the blog post / forum post that Chris just linked to. When you say: "10.1 will allow php 5.6 and up now then?" but don't specify if you are talking about the loader version or the encoder version its impossible to give you a straight answer. The new bundling technique allows you to ship two ionCube targets in the same file and the loader figures out which one to load and use. If you want support for 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, and 7.2 you have to bundle two encoding runs and have the latest ionCube loaders (10.1.x).

Hope that is clearer,

Nate

18 minutes ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

@twhiting9275 Per the below thread on December 13th 2017 from @WHMCS Nate  WHMCS v7.5 will support PHP 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, and 7.2 environments with IonCube loader 10.1

I get that, really I do :) . As a developer myself though, the question gets back to how. If having to encode the files per version is necessary, then that's just going to get ugly. I had assumed (maybe incorrectly) that somehow the bundled loader was going to solve that.

Nevertheless, 7.2 support in 7.5 is great news!!

2 minutes ago, twhiting9275 said:

As a developer myself though, the question gets back to how. If having to encode the files per version is necessary, then that's just going to get ugly. I had assumed (maybe incorrectly) that somehow the bundled loader was going to solve that.

Nevertheless, 7.2 support in 7.5 is great news!!

Tom,

It's not quite once per PHP version, you encode once per ionCube target. So once for the target that works in PHP 5.6 & 7.0 and once for the target that supports PHP 7.1 & 7.2. Now if you had code that supported versions older than 5.6 as well, you could bundle a third target as well and still distribute a single set of files that will work for any install with the latest ionCube loaders. As we said in the blog, this is a win for the overall php development community. 

Nate