turn off collision detection

SherriAnn

Is there a way to turn off the new collision detection?  There is just me, and another one sometimes, so it's a bit of an annoyance.  It also pops  the notice whether either of us has responded - or started to - or not.  It seems to do it on all tickets, all the time.

Hey @SherriAnn,

Thanks for you reply, I appreciate the feedback the new ticket collision detection is a lot more sensitive below is when it triggers i've included a bit more detail below

You will receive a warning message if any changes have been made to a ticket when performing any of the following actions:

• Change of department
  • Change of assignment/flagged user
  • Change of priority
  • Change of status
  • Submitting a reply
  • Making a change to the ticket options

The alert you receive will provide details about what has changed and ask you to confirm if you wish to continue.

The following attributes of a ticket will trigger a collision detection warning:

• Department
  • Ticket Subject
  • Ticket Priority
  • Assigned Client
  • Assigned Admin User
  • CC Recipients
  • Last Reply Time
  • Ticket Status

I'll loop your feedback thru to Dev so they can take this into account :) 

• 4 weeks later...

I concure with Sherri as it is annoying and pops up too fast.  We just tested it, we opened a ticket and wanted to just close it when the pop up appears. I click on the close button within seconds of opening the ticket and the collission gives me a popup of all of the content.  I know I am closing a ticket and do not need a pop up.

We need a way to disable it or configure it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi there,

This does not sound like the intended behaviour of this feature; the collision detection message should only appear if someone else has changed the ticket between you opening it and taking one of the actions Chris mentioned.

Please open a support ticket with access credentials so we can investigate.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, please do add an option to disable collision detection.  I'm prompted on every single ticket I respond to even though I'm the only user of the system. It's very broken.  And no, I'd rather not give you server access for small things like this.  Please just make an option to disable the "feature" it or provide a specific fix/steps to resolution.

Also please allow the disabling of the annoying "New features" popup upon login. It was interesting the first time but I've been seeing this for months now. Enough.
(The check-box in the bottom left corner does nothing)

While I'm on a role, please also add an option to disable the WYSIWYG editor that's enabled by default. Or at least disable the capturing of the right-click action. Firstly, the built-in clipboard management doesn't work on any modern browser with basic security settings enabled. Secondly, this "feature" makes it impossible to copy/paste things when working on a device without a keyboard (like a phone or tablet).

Other than the above, WHMCS is pretty bloody good :)

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello,

Thank you for your post and screenshot!

This is not how I would expect the Ticket Collision Detection feature to behave. I can confirm that I have encountered this before since we released this feature and the times I have encountered this it was because the admin user was using a custom admin theme that had not been updated for version 7.4 of WHMCS.

Can you please confirm if you are using a custom theme? If so, can you check if the same issue occurs when using the 'blend' admin theme?

Aha!

I have WHMCS 7.4 and Lara 7.3. Must have overlooked that one.
I shall upgrade Lara and test my above complaints again and get back to you. It might be about a week though as I'm pretty snowed under currently.

Thanks for the tip!