SERIOUSLY?

twhiting9275

I guess it was only a matter of time before WHMCS started pimping out it's customer's emails  , right? Not making enough $$$ from customers outright, after God knows HOW many price hikes and the current tier based pricing *, this company has resorted to sending email blasts, or selling it's customer's emails to companies in the "partner" database .

This is BEYOND low, people.

Yes, I know there's an "unsubscribe" option, but it shouldn't ever have to be used. Ethically, this is beyond wrong.

Screen Shot 10-17-17 at 06.18 PM.PNG

@twhiting9275,

And here I thought we where actually getting along, but nope, wasn't to last you're back to jumping to unfounded, incorrect conclusions based on a Marketing Email that has an Unsubscribe option.

Firstly, we are not selling client/user emails. This webinar is organised by us and the email was sent by us, had you have even bothered to review the headers for the message you would have seen this. Of course, I appreciate you prefer to cry wolf and jump to conclusions, so lets include the headers below for you.

Received: from mta209.spmta.com ([35.163.121.33]:49576)

by mx1.whmcs.com with esmtps (TLSv1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:256)
(Exim 4.89)
id 1e4RDk-0004K4-Ge
for <removed>; Tue, 17 Oct 2017 07:43:55 -0500
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=whmcs.com;
s=scph0516; t=1508244182; i=@whmcs.com;
bh=QksAFI+SnQcrt6nyyL3lLYd3sEntDhu/aGQJOZAeniw=;
h=To:Date:Reply-To:Subject:From:List-Unsubscribe:List-Id;
b=iWC6oRIZl0rBruknCDHJaE6SPYFCwQsyh41hQWyXRbKqzcxt/mphjvhJiGo2S+Y2M
 /v8zL+LX+F1f/XJu/zLrpEpLE9zn1m6exhkSbKUdu2bENk5i+/YdO6e4HN9cQLHEXm
 wcYz+Xv/JtgEmYgRgxakzgAStBC3fxyZTCFRU2Lo=
X-MSFBL: NjZoyQ/7AZi5T7uSa+DG91qul5uVqZBu/KsfPwqqbHw=|eyJzdWJhY2NvdW50X2l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Furthermore, the View in Browser Link goes to whmcs.com https://www.whmcs.com/members/mailings/?k=webinaroct17 and the register now hits go.whmcs.com which is controlled by us here at WHMCS. https://go.whmcs.com/1317/free-ssl-webinar-registration the email had a footer stating why you received it and an option to remove yourself from the mailing list.

The email, Live Webinar: Profit by Selling SSL & TLS  was sent to all active WHMCS License Holders it was a relevant promotional email targeted at providing users with an educational opportunity around WHMCS MarketConnect & SSL Certificates.   When you sign up for a WHMCS License you also receive news and information about the product, newsletters and select promotional mailings. You may unsubscribe from any non-operational and security emails at any time.   I would note we did exactly the same earlier this year with the Weebly Webinar. 

The MarketPlace Terms of Service & Privacy Policy both outline how we handle your data and cover the fact that we don't sell your data. Your accusations that we have or may sell this are not only unfounded, but also unfair to us and our clients who trust us with their private information. 

Moving on to your comments on our price changes. We made an adjustment on Support & Updates to reflect the value WHMCS is delivering along with the costs of providing 24x7 support and allowing us to provide on-going product enhancements, yes. Not everyone will like what we're doing but we're providing an off the shelf solution that needs to meet the requirements of a number of people.  The changes to a tiered licensing structure are also part of this and allow us to provide a price point that works for various sized businesses, whilst reflecting the cost savings that automation offers these organisations. It's been an adjustment and it doesn't work for everyone but we're committed to improving the product and delivering quarterly updates.

To finish Tom, let me point out as the WHMCS.Community Manager I appreciate your feedback, what I am not going to tolerate is the consistent negativity you bring, if you aren't able to be more balanced I'd recommend finding somewhere else to post.