integration to sell .se and .nu domains

Johan Andersson

3 hours ago, Johan Andersson said:

is there any domain name integrations available for selling .se and .nu domains

you'll also need to remember that there are registration requirements (e.g additional info needed) for both TLDs.... WHMCS is already configured to ask for that information during the ordering process (using Additional Domain Fields).

so for .se, you will need to obtain the following info...

Individuals must submit ID card number; organizations must submit business registration number. Organizations based outside of Sweden must also submit VAT-ID.

OpenSRS sells both TLDs; eNom I believe only offers .nu and I don't think the Logicboxes registrars (resellerclub, NEO, resell.biz etc) offer either TLD.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the things I noticed today on .se domains is that the Additional Domain Fields only seem to be available to edit at ordering for the client or in WHMCS admin. A client can't go in to their domain whois settings and edit the additional fields afterwards.

For me, this manifested as a domain we'd transferred in probably back in WHMCS 5.x, which had details at the registrar (we use NetIM) but that weren't showing in WHMCS v7.3 Admin (blank). When the client wanted to transfer out, it failed because of a missing id/vat no and they had no way of editing their details.

Or did I miss a client area template change somewhere along the way?

2 hours ago, aegisdesign said:

Or did I miss a client area template change somewhere along the way?

I think it's always been the case that, after ordering clients, couldn't edit these fields.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Additional_Domain_Fields#When_are_the_fields_asked_for.3F

Domain fields are displayed as part of the order process.

In the shopping cart they will appear during the Domains Configuration step.

If a field is required, customers will be required to provide the requested information before moving to the next step.

The values provided to these fields are then saved and submitted to the domain registrar when the domain is registered.

it's probably not beyond the realms to add these details to the client area (if WHMCS and/or the registrar has them), but I don't think they'd be a generic way to do it (nor a great demand to do it either) - so WHMCS would have to code the specific solution into each different registrar module (and that's dependent on the registrar having that information accessible via API)... add to which your NetIM module is a third-party developed addon, so if that addon doesn't do something, it's down to it's developers to resolve it.