Hide a widget, not sticking

bear

On 10/4/2017 at 8:05 PM, shivahost said:

I have same issue and one more! the refresh button of widget continue loading and no refresh! 

on the gear dropdown I can remove check for each widget but I cant check any unchecked!

with page refresh everything comes back and no change saved!

Now I am returning to 7.2.3!

all my problems solved when I used Blend template! but V4 has these problems!

Cool.
Tried changing my template, it asked for my admin password (yet again). Hit submit "Oops! Something went wrong" and I'm totally locked out of the admin on this. 
Is this really that twitchy now that I have to worry I'll get locked out of my own install if *anything* happens it doesn't like (not the first time, believe me)? Damn the newer versions, seriously. 

Now I need to go looking to find out what it didn't like, wasting hours more on it. Big fun, thanks. 

Nate from WHMCS helped resolve this widget issue for me, so I'm posting the solution in case anyone else comes across it. The problem had to do with what I'd called the admin directory in the dev install. Apparently, installing to a folder named "dev", then naming the admin folder "dev-something" (with or without the dash) caused the routing to fall over. The admin folder name can't start with the same name as the main WHMCS folder name. Anywhere other than the start is fine, like "something-dev".

He said he's logged a bug report for it, so it may not persist for long, but if you have the issue, check folder names aren't the same like that.