Ioncube Loader ver 10

Hi sv3til0,

Thanks for your post

As per https://docs.whmcs.com/System_Requirements the following versions of ionCube Loaders are recommended

The latest 5.x version for PHP 5.6

The latest 6.x version for PHP 7

The Minimum Versions are:

5.0.21 for PHP 5.6

6.0.2 for PHP 7

Yes, I know that but I don't have the old loaders and now at their site I find only the ver.10 ..

That's why I am asking if someone knows where are old loaders archives located?

Yes, I know that but I don't have the old loaders and now at their site I find only the ver.10 ..

That's why I am asking if someone knows where are old loaders archives located?

Hi sv3til0,

I'm currently checking to see if we can find a location for these, I'll update you as soon as possible, in the meantime if you are using cPanel or Plesk IonCube Loaders can generally be compiled via their interfaces

In case others send up at this thread..

Currently WHMCS does not support php 7.1 (I feel the information Chris provided, as well as the information on the page he linked to, could have been clearer on this)

On the page it lists the recommended php version as: Latest 7.x Release

php 7.1 IS the latest release.. but WHMCS does not yet support it (at the least it was previously and ioncube issue, but now perhaps there's more..) , at least that is what I have been told in a ticket.

Edited by xyzulu

Hi sv3til0,

I'm currently checking to see if we can find a location for these, I'll update you as soon as possible, in the meantime if you are using cPanel or Plesk IonCube Loaders can generally be compiled via their interfaces

Hi,

This should be completely unnecessary as an ionCube version 10 Loader should be able to run any ionCube-encoded file that an earlier version could run. So, for example, Loader version 10.0.0 for PHP 7.0 should be able to run WHMCS just as well as version 6.0.2, say. With bug fixes it should, in fact, be more reliable.

If there are any issues running WHMCS with ionCube Loader version 10 then please let us know as soon as possible at our support Help Desk at https://support.ioncube.com

Alastair

ionCube

Hi

I was just going to setup a dev enb for a project I am beginning and I found that IonCube has just update their loader to version 10.0

http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php

With that version I am not able to run WHMCS at any PHP version ..

Are there any archives of IonCube older loaders working with WHMCS 7.x ?

Please could you let us at ionCube know what error you are getting when you try to run WHMCS with ionCube Loader version 10 as version 10 should run WHMCS as well as version 6. Please post in our Support Help Desk at https://support.ioncube.com

Alastair

ionCube

Can this link help?

64-bit versions of ionCube Loader 4.1 - 7.1

http://downloads3.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz

Nope..

IonCube loader major version must match with the one used to encode Whmcs source so v.10 on server won't run v.6 with which is encoded WHMCS.

I hope that WHMCS staff will soon make version update for moving to IonCube 10.

Ion Cube has made v.10 compatible with older PHP's as 5.1, 5.2. 5.3 ..

So this version can be used on all new and old WHMCS versions.

Nope..

IonCube loader major version must match with the one used to encode Whmcs source so v.10 on server won't run v.6 with which is encoded WHMCS.

I hope that WHMCS staff will soon make version update for moving to IonCube 10.

Ion Cube has made v.10 compatible with older PHP's as 5.1, 5.2. 5.3 ..

So this version can be used on all new and old WHMCS versions.

No, that is incorrect with regard to encoder versions. A newer ionCube Loader should be able to run previous versions of encoded files. So a version 10 ionCube Loader should be able to run any encoded file that version 6.1.0 of the Loader can.

What must match is the PHP version on the server on which you run encoded files. So if you have a PHP 7.0 server then you should use the ionCube v10 (or v6.1.0) Loader for PHP 7.0. That Loader can run files produced by the version 9 ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. Those encoded files will also run on a PHP 5.6 system with a v10 (or v6.1.0) Loader for PHP 5.6.

We have, however, asked WHMCS to verify that their application works with the version 10 ionCube Loader, which it should do as I previously stated.

At present encoded files cannot run on PHP 7.1. To run on PHP 7.1 files will need to be encoded with the next release of the ionCube Encoder.

Alastair

ionCube

• 4 weeks later...
I have the same problem. I have PHP 7.1 and ionclubeloader 10 and WHMCS is not working :/

Hello paszczak000,

Thank you for your post.

At this time we support PHP 7 but not PHP 7.1

We can confirm that WHMCS v7.3 (and thus any version in series the 7 series) functions as expected & without any issues for environments with IonCube 10 loader + PHP 5.6 or PHP 7.0 .

Edited by WHMCS ChrisD

I've opened a ticket with WHMCS a month or so back.. they said the holdup was not having the tools released from beta by ioncube (to encode the files). I know this is no longer a valid reason as the tools are now out.

Chris, perhaps you can get us an official updated on this issue, instead of just stating that php 7.1 is not supported. ie if it's not supported, when will it be? Php 7.2 is nearly out...

I've opened a ticket with WHMCS a month or so back.. they said the holdup was not having the tools released from beta by ioncube (to encode the files). I know this is no longer a valid reason as the tools are now out.

Chris, perhaps you can get us an official updated on this issue, instead of just stating that php 7.1 is not supported. ie if it's not supported, when will it be? Php 7.2 is nearly out...

I'm sorry, I don't have an offical timeline for introduction of PHP 7.1 I would provide these to the community if I did. The last offical information I have from our team is We can confirm that WHMCS v7.3 (and thus any version in series the 7 series) functions as expected & without any issues for environments with IonCube 10 loader + PHP 5.6 or PHP 7.0 .

Hello,

Just to make this thread clear, I am afraid that what Andrew reported in that thread does not mean WHMCS 7.3.0 will run under loader 10 and php 7.1. The referenced thread contains some more details about what was meant by Andrew's comments.

My testing has shown that WHMCS will work under loader 10, for php 5.6 and php 7.0.

We are reviewing the best method to provide support for php 7.1 and will communicate that at a later point.

Nate