Live Chat plugin, recommendation?

jemenotro

Hello,

I am looking for a live chat plugin to connect with WHMCS.

Preferably i think it shall connect to WHMCS basic features similar to WHMCS native one.

Can you please recommend me one ?

I looked at :

http://www.chatstack.com

http://www.livezilla.com

https://mylivechat.com/

https://www.zopim.com/

but can't really find out which one is the best...

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
No doubt Chatstack is recommended , however keeping the live chat seperated is what I will recommend.

Yes and no. I noticed that some of the external chat services are blocked or don't work with Adblockers, so a big base of your users could never even see the chat popup invitation.

Also, some companies or services may not store sensitive transcripts in a third party server, in that case you need to use a local chat software. Chatstack while very basic, seems to work. Sadly it seems the features where you see the customer information and the transcript that is then logged as a ticket in the user accounts seems to be removed in v7.

Sadly it seems the features where you see the customer information and the transcript that is then logged as a ticket in the user accounts seems to be removed in v7.

Wasn't that the whole point of the integration with WHMCS? Isn't it just "yet another chat app" without it, or is there some other useful/unique functionality remaining?

Wasn't that the whole point of the integration with WHMCS? Isn't it just "yet another chat app" without it, or is there some other useful/unique functionality remaining?

Well you are probably right on that, but is there a better option right now? Local option that you can change for proper integration? I don't want a service where transcripts are logged into someone else's server.

• 6 months later...

Chatstack is the only option for integration with WHMCS as far as i know. We've been using it for 2 years but i really hate the windows GUI and i hate how it works with auto away. I've had so many complaints from clients who reached an empty chat because i was away from my computer and the software didn't set me to away. I would just forget about integration and look for a chat solution that is best in class instead of being flawed but integrated. The integration is not worth that much and as mentioned if the chat history is not even saved in WHMCS anymore then why use it.

1 hour ago, dspaan said:

Chatstack is the only option for integration with WHMCS as far as i know. We've been using it for 2 years but i really hate the windows GUI and i hate how it works with auto away. I've had so many complaints from clients who reached an empty chat because i was away from my computer and the software didn't set me to away. I would just forget about integration and look for a chat solution that is best in class instead of being flawed but integrated. The integration is not worth that much and as mentioned if the chat history is not even saved in WHMCS anymore then why use it.

Actually, you could integrate any self-hosted chat with WHMCS. The integration with WHMCS and Chatstack is actually quite poor. In the past, for example, because of a limit in the length of MySQL entries, chat sessions were cut off on the tickets archived in the WHMCS customer account. I reported this bug so WHMCS could set the whole chat session in the ticket by using different replies instead of one single ticket. The feature was removed from new releases instead of being fixed. So the integration is basically nothing today. You can see the logged in customer while chatting and that is more or less it.

Any self-hosted software that runs on the same WHMCS server could probably be integrated even better. Includes remote chats as they all have API's today.

The problems with Chatstack don't really come from WHMCS but from Chatstack. Does it work? Yes. Is it perfect? No. It does have tons of bugs and the functionality is a bit poor vs other chat services but I don't know any good or decent self-hosted software. Any integration with WHMCS would be simple. The problem is finding one that is good, self-hosted and does not cost a small fortune.

Edited by yggdrasil

• 11 months later...

lots of live chat solution available. Its Depend on your requirements mostly solution integrate with whmcs. I am using LiveAdmins Live chat solution they provide me real live chat service along with live chat software. I know these solutions that are best work in market.

Olark

Zendesk

Liveadmins

boldchat

We have integrated in several customer two FREE solutions :

Livezilla :

PROS:

• It has a great API , and you can add different snippets for loggued or visitors, so you can track them without asking data to chat.
  • Full Freeware for one user .. Its Nice !
  • Nice app for windows , and includes a nice app for Android also for free.

CONS:

• Its not opensource
  • Its not easy to install and customize.
  • It requires a VPS if you have more than 15 simultanees chats.

Livehelperchat.com https://livehelperchat.com/

PROS:

• Full opensource, Web and desktop clients. Co-Browsing, XMPP notifications, Telegram, Facebook messenger, Twilio, Chrome extension, Desktop app and so on..

CONS:

• Its just very ugly for visitors.