Can't install whmcs

I have the same problem.

I can not seem to get the new update working.

In step 4 it goes wrong and I will received an ERROR 500 ( https://hostxls.com/clients/install/install.php)

1. Begin by obtaining the latest full release download of WHMCS either from http://download.whmcs.com/ or from your license provider (if using a reseller) DONE!
  2. Unzip the contents of the WHMCS zip file download to a folder on your computer. DONE!

Custom Admin Directory?
    If you have renamed your "admin" directory, be sure to rename the /whmcs/admin directory in the new files to match.

Custom Cron Directory?
    Similarly, if you have customised the location of the /crons/ directory, be sure to upload that to the custom location

3. Upload the new files to your existing installation folder replacing any existing folders & files. DONE!
  4. Visit your WHMCS installation and you should then be automatically redirected to the upgrade process. ERROR 500

I also try to use PHP7 on the server but that also will give some kind of Error.

Now the client area is not reachable and also the main WHMCS admin area.

Can someone help. We need to get this new version up and running.

Screenshot_164.png

Edited by hostxls
Small changes

Hello Rae,

No there is nothing that points to a new version of PHP. However, I already has set the new upgrade up with PHP7 and also will get a Error

This is the Error when using PHP7

Site error: the file /home/hostxls/public_html/clients/admin/todolist.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation.

Edited by hostxls

Your error indicates you are running an old version of ioncube not compatable with the php version you are running

Upgrade ioncube to ioncube 7 it is now available for php 7

If running Cpanel I think you can upgrade through easy apache

Thank you Gazza but as I have mentioned that if I use the new php7 version I will receive this error.

And if I don't use the new php7 version I will not be able to install or complete the WHMCS 7 installation.

The problem looks like, the WHMCS installation or downloadfile is missing something to install.

yes I read that you have tried php 7 but did you upgrade ioncube

its not always automatically upgraded when you install php 7

check what ioncube version you are running to rule that out

Site error: the file /home/hostxls/public_html/clients/admin/todolist.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so to be installed

The problem is not php7 however this will create an Error using WHMCS 6

The problem is the INSTALLATION FILE of WHMCS 7

It will stock at Step 4. (......./install/install.php )

All system requirements are oké. remember this is an UPDATE from 6 to 7 so the requirement settings are still the same as before.

- - - Updated - - -

Check this image

Screenshot_166.png

Edited by hostxls

perhaps the install files got corrupted on upload?

anyway, the most important point here is are you attempting to update a live v6 site to v7 without first testing whether your current setup (hooks/addons/templates) are v7 compatible ??

have you opened a ticket with support to see what they say?

personally, if your license is with WHMCS, i'd suggest getting a free dev license and testing your setup before updating a live site... and when the time comes, i'd be inclined to backup the v6 site/db, delete the files apart from configuration before installing v7 to ensure there aren't any v6 legacy files causing an issue.

perhaps the install files got corrupted on upload?

anyway, the most important point here is are you attempting to update a live v6 site to v7 without first testing whether your current setup (hooks/addons/templates) are v7 compatible ??

have you opened a ticket with support to see what they say?

personally, if your license is with WHMCS, i'd suggest getting a free dev license and testing your setup before updating a live site... and when the time comes, i'd be inclined to backup the v6 site/db, delete the files apart from configuration before installing v7 to ensure there aren't any v6 legacy files causing an issue.

I posted a support ticket to WHMCS a couple hours ago and wait for them.

I am updating from 6.3.1 to 7.0.1. I tested v7.0.1 on my dev site and everything worked great and I had no problems. I then today uploaded to my live site and when I visit /install/install.php I get 500 Server Error. Very odd and nothing is in my install/log/

Edited by paperweight

Yes, but it worked on the dev site no problem. It just overwrites the files that are the same. Is there an issue with this on v7?

just the usual problem with WHMCS of it only needing one bad file to cause an error... i've seen threads here where existing v6 files were causing v7 to fail.

if your dev was v6 and you upgraded that to v7 without issue, then it's strange the live site isn't behaving during ... unless there's a difference between them somewhere.