Having some trouble with translations in a hook

sherwin_flight

I am developing an addon module, and it also uses a hooks.php file.

I have two hooks: AdminAreaFooterOutput and AdminAreaHeadOutput.

My module also includes a lang/english.php file, and I have that working for the main part of my module, now i need to get it working for the hooks file.

I have searched the forums and have found many posts relating to the use of Lang::trans. However, in pretty much all cases it says the language string needs to be added to the Language Overrides files.

Since this is a module, I'd like it to work without needing any modifications to the main language overrides files. I would rather use the language files distributed with my module for this purpose.

So how can I use the text strings from my module/lang/ folder in my hooks.php file?

So I have a partial answer so far.

I have this code:

include "lang/english.php";

foreach ($_ADDONLANG as $key => $value) {

$LANG[$key] = $value;

}

That reads the language file, and creates variables in the exact same format that are used in other places in a module.

I just need to know a way to access the currently logged in admin's language. using {debug} in the admin area, it shows a variable "$adminLanguage" but for some reason I can't get that variable into the PHP code of my hooks.php file.

Any ideas?