.scot domains

kasseh

I'm having difficultly getting past the additional domain field that's required for .scot registrations. The additional domain field is core_intendeduse I've edited the /includes/additionaldomainfields.php with the statement...

$additionaldomainfields[".scot"][] = array("Name" => "Intended Use", "LangVar" => "", "Type" => "text", "Size" => 50, "Default" => "", "Required" => true); 

which now means that the field now shows up in the order form and in the admin area. However, the client still has no new field in any forms when editing an existing .Scot domain in their account and as such when making any changes to the domains contact details the error "core_intendeduse:Not Specified:Required value not specified " always appears. Anyone got any ideas how to resolve this or another way to set the registration for this domain type up.

ta :)

• 2 weeks later...

shouldn't the additionaldomainfields.php file specify 'core_intendeduse' :?:

$additionaldomainfields[".scot"][] = array("Name" => "Intended Use", "LangVar" => "core_intendeduse", "Type" => "text", "Size" => 50, "Default" => "", "Required" => true); 

without that additional bit, I don't think any of the registrar modules would know what it is.

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I have the same issue. I've added the code you pasted Brian and it gives me a text field to enter text into but this isn't being pushed to my registrar which is Netearthone.

Have I missed something obvious?

Thanks.

On 9/29/2016 at 5:35 PM, brian! said:

shouldn't the additionaldomainfields.php file specify 'core_intendeduse' :?:

$additionaldomainfields[".scot"][] = array("Name" => "Intended Use", "LangVar" => "core_intendeduse", "Type" => "text", "Size" => 50, "Default" => "", "Required" => true); 

without that additional bit, I don't think any of the registrar modules would know what it is.

50 minutes ago, Dgital Essence said:

Have I missed something obvious?

the dangers of a 5-year thread!

1 hour ago, Dgital Essence said:

I have the same issue. I've added the code you pasted Brian and it gives me a text field to enter text into but this isn't being pushed to my registrar which is Netearthone.

https://manage.netearthone.com/kb/node/752

at a guess, it might be this...

$additionaldomainfields[".scot"][] = array("Name" => "Intended Use", "LangVar" => "intended-use", "Type" => "text", "Size" => 50, "Default" => "", "Required" => true); 

but you should probably check with Support (or even NEO's support) to get confirmation - the rest of the line is correct.

9 minutes ago, brian! said:

the dangers of a 5-year thread!

Thanks, I feel like an idiot now!

9 minutes ago, brian! said:

https://manage.netearthone.com/kb/node/752

at a guess, it might be this...

$additionaldomainfields[".scot"][] = array("Name" => "Intended Use", "LangVar" => "intended-use", "Type" => "text", "Size" => 50, "Default" => "", "Required" => true); 

but you should probably check with Support (or even NEO's support) to get confirmation - the rest of the line is correct.

Ah, even more of an idiot.

I've read their docs, edited the LangVar but still no luck. Will contact support and see what the next steps are.

Thank you.