upgrade 6.0.0

As Brian mentioned when you're updating from a old version you have to use the full release.

I've updated some installs from V5.14 to V6.3 recently without issue but make sure you take a full backup of your WHMCS files and database.

Ok, thank you.

I noticed I can update using softaculous to the latest version but when i click update and it's done and wants me to go to .../install/... it only shows a white screen. Is there a reason this does not work trough softaculous?

personally, I wouldn't have used Softaculous to upgrade - i've read many threads of users using Softaculous to install/upgrade and it causing issues... i'd never use Softaculous for this and i'd always prefer to do it manually.

you could try working through the Blank Pages documentation to see if that finds the cause of the blank page.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Blank_or_Partially_Rendered_Pages