Credit being applied to customers account for no reason...

Hi,

I was updating my accounts and noticed some missing payments from one of my customers... All invoices are marked as paid on time, but no transactions in PayPal.

I looked deeper into the invoice and can see a credit is being applied to the invoice.

My customer is on the £4.99 hosting package, but used a promo code which deducted £2 for the life of the product.. so they should be billed £2.99 each month, however, a credit of £2.99 is being applied every month.

Please see attached screenshot

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 10.17.58 copy.png

I looked into the credit setting on the customers account and it's being marked down as over payment.

[TABLE=class: datatable, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]03/07/2016[/TD]

[TD]Credit Applied to Invoice XX[/TD]

[TD]£-2.99GBP[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10/06/2016[/TD]

[TD]Invoice #48 Overpayment[/TD]

[TD]£2.99GBP[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Is there a way I can look into this deeper? I can't see what is causing it, where is over payment coming from?

Thanks

could the problem be related to the issue in the post below...

http://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?62482-Overpayment-automatic-credit-users

perhaps an invoice has been paid twice - once manually and also by subscription..?

you could try creating a Client Statement Report and seeing if you can identify where the original overpayment occurred...

http://docs.whmcs.com/Reports#Client_Statement

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

If the client usually pays via PayPal, then this suggests they send a manual payment despite having a PayPal Subscription in place to automatically send payment. WHMCS records the overpayment and credits the client's account accordingly, this credit is then applied to the client's next invoice.

If you check the clients Transaction tab I expect you'll see two PayPal transactions in one month.