How to stop customers change their account name details

Si

Si,

Great script change. I do agree that some clients will try to change the owner or company info just to try to get over on not buying a product. Thanks for the code change, it worked right the first time.

FYI, the "HTML" link to your web location of your client transfer form did not work in the above script. It only came out as just text in the "My Details" of the Client Area. No big deal!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if this works with the latest release of WHMCS.. I currently have this implemented with version 4.02. I tried the upgrade of 4.1 but reverted back because I was unable to get this to get this to work with the upgraded version of 4.1. If anyone successfully has this implemented in V4.1 please let me know if you had to do anything differently.

Thanks,

Thanks for letting me know, I just finished reuploading the same files that I used during my first attempt (which included my edited 4.11 templates) and it worked. So I'm guessing that my site must have cached in firefox during my original upgrade, thus causing me to believe that their was an issue.

I'm glad to see that this still works, I'd just wish that this could be implemented as an included option to the next official upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...
This is one of those improvements that I hope makes it to the core release because it just should be there plus with an optional switch. So I'll say thanks, too Si. ;)

Yea, I agree and thanks. However, there have been many version upgrades since I first saw the need to do this and many people have implemented it on their own systems, but (correct me if I'm wrong) as far as I know it has never made it onto the list of new features to be added by the dev team.

Seems a shame since it's really simple to implement and is such a necessary feature to have (in my view) to be able to run your business.

Si

• 1 month later...
This could be a nice feature to add to WHMCS as an optional feature within admin to switch this on or off. When ON, the customer sees a 'Transfer Account Ownership' button which when selected instructs the customer through a process similar to an order process etc etc enabling them to pay an admin fee where applicable as well?

I also would like to see that, would be a great feature to have :)

Nice idea. I implemented it also(we are in the proces of customising WHMCS to our needs and plan to replace our current system with it in about 2 months).

We also added a TAX number and dont want that to change eather. Tax number is a custom field.

This is the code for that:

{if $customfield.name == 'TAX number}

<td width="150" class="fieldarea">{$customfield.name}</td>

<td>{$customfield.value}

<i>*You want to replace the tax number ?</i></td>

{else}

<td width="150" class="fieldarea">{$customfield.name}</td>

<td>{$customfield.input} {$customfield.required}</td>

{/if}

What important is, is that data on the invoice never change.

Right now when I choose another contact for the invoicing and sends a invoice again the name and stuff is changed on the invoice. This way the client can get the same invoice on 2 different names if he wants.

In my current system I copy the Name, companyname and taxnumber to the invoice when created and always use that info.

Should I change WHMCS to that or is something like this possible ?

• 2 months later...

I'm just setting up so figured I'd upgrade right off the bat. I don't know enough about the program yet to know if this hack was included in the new version 4.2. If it's already been tried and not working input would be great.

Thanks!

• 10 months later...

Hi i changed all code but it doesnt work for me

<div class="contentbox"><strong>{$LANG.clientareanavdetails}</strong> | <a href="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?action=contacts">{$LANG.clientareanavcontacts}</a> | <a href="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?action=addcontact">{$LANG.clientareanavaddcontact}</a>{if $ccenabled} | <a href="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?action=creditcard">{$LANG.clientareanavchangecc}</a>{/if} | <a href="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?action=changepw">{$LANG.clientareanavchangepw}</a> | <a href="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?action=changesq">{$LANG.clientareanavsecurityquestions}</a></div>

<p class="heading2">{$LANG.clientareanavdetails}</p>

{if $successful}<div class="successbox">{$LANG.changessavedsuccessfully}</div><br />{/if}

{if $errormessage}<div class="errorbox">{$errormessage|replace:'<li>':'  #  '}  #  </div><br />{/if}

<form method="post" action="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?action=details">

<input type="hidden" name="save" value="true" />

<input type="hidden" name="firstname" value="{$clientfirstname}">

<input type="hidden" name="lastname" value="{$clientlastname}">

<input type="hidden" name="companyname" value="{$clientcompanyname}">

<table cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" class="frame"><tr><td>

<table width="100%" cellpadding="2">

<tr><td width="150" class="fieldarea">{$LANG.clientareafirstname}*</td><td>{$clientfirstname}

*need to change these details?

</td></tr>

<tr><td class="fieldarea">{$LANG.clientarealastname}*</td><td>{$clientlastname}</td></tr>

<tr><td class="fieldarea">{$LANG.clientareacompanyname}*</td><td>{$clientcompanyname}</td></tr>

<tr><td class="fieldarea">{$LANG.clientareacompanyname}</td><td>{if in_array('companyname',$uneditablefields)}{$clientcompanyname}{else}<input type="text" name="companyname" value="{$clientcompanyname}" size="25" />{/if}</td></tr>

<tr><td class="fieldarea">{$LANG.clientareaemail}</td><td>{if in_array('email',$uneditablefields)}{$clientemail}{else}<input type="text" name="email" value="{$clientemail}" size="50" />{/if}</td></tr>

<tr><td class="fieldarea">{$LANG.clientareaaddress1}</td><td>{if in_array('address1',$uneditablefields)}{$clientaddress1}{else}<input type="text" name="address1" value="{$clientaddress1}" size="25" />{/if}</td></tr>

<tr><td class="fieldarea">{$LANG.clientareaaddress2}</td><td>{if in_array('address2',$uneditablefields)}{$clientaddress2}{else}<input type="text" name="address2" value="{$clientaddress2}" size="25" />{/if}</td></tr>

<tr><td class="fieldarea">{$LANG.clientareacity}</td><td>{if in_array('city',$uneditablefields)}{$clientcity}{else}<input type="text" name="city" value="{$clientcity}" size="25" />{/if}</td></tr>

<tr><td class="fieldarea">{$LANG.clientareastate}</td><td>{if in_array('state',$uneditablefields)}{$clientstate}{else}<input type="text" name="state" value="{$clientstate}" size="25" />{/if}</td></tr>

<tr><td class="fieldarea">{$LANG.clientareapostcode}</td><td>{if in_array('postcode',$uneditablefields)}{$clientpostcode}{else}<input type="text" name="postcode" value="{$clientpostcode}" size="25" />{/if}</td></tr>

<tr><td class="fieldarea">{$LANG.clientareacountry}</td><td>{if in_array('country',$uneditablefields)}{$clientcountry}{else}{$clientcountriesdropdown}{/if}</td></tr>

<tr><td class="fieldarea">{$LANG.clientareaphonenumber}</td><td>{if in_array('phonenumber',$uneditablefields)}{$clientphonenumber}{else}<input type="text" name="phonenumber" value="{$clientphonenumber}" size="25" />{/if}</td></tr>

</table>

</td></tr></table>

<br />

<tr><td width="150" class="fieldarea">{$LANG.defaultbillingcontact}</td><td><select name="billingcid">

<option value="0">{$LANG.usedefaultcontact}</option>

{foreach key=num item=contact from=$contacts}

<option value="{$contact.id}"{if $contact.id eq $billingcid} selected="selected"{/if}>{$contact.name}</option>

{/foreach}

</select></td></tr>

</table>

</td></tr></table>

{if $customfields}

<br />

{foreach key=num item=customfield from=$customfields}

<tr><td width="150" class="fieldarea">{$customfield.name}</td><td>{$customfield.input} {$customfield.required}</td></tr>

{/foreach}

</table>

</td></tr></table>

{/if}

<p align="center"><input type="submit" value="{$LANG.clientareasavechanges}" class="buttongo" /> <input type="reset" value="{$LANG.clientareacancel}" class="button" /></p>

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" id="AutoNumber1" width="100%">

<tr>

<td><a name="*Change of account ownership">*Change of account ownership</a>

If you wish to change the ownership of your XYZ Hosting account into the name

of another individual, you both need to complete the

transfer of ownership form.</td>

</tr>

</table></form>

• 2 months later...

First post, woot!

Would this be the same as General Settings->Other->Locked Client Profile Fields in v4.4? If it is, does it automatically add the "open a support ticket to change these fields" message? I also think the transfer of ownership form is a great idea.

First post, woot!

Would this be the same as General Settings->Other->Locked Client Profile Fields in v4.4? If it is, does it automatically add the "open a support ticket to change these fields" message? I also think the transfer of ownership form is a great idea.

It is the same in v4.4 now as you say, so no template modification is required to block out the fields, BUT, if you want to give customers direction to how they can transfer ownership or change the field contents you would need to write your own knowledgebase article and then link to it on the clientareadetails.tpl file.

• 1 month later...