Limit Promotion code to 5 times per client

DBH Web

I have searched the forums and documentation but can't find an answer.

Is it possible to limit a promotional code to 5 times per client?, I know that you can limit it to once per client but I require to allow clients to use a promotional code 5 times each.

Thanks for any advice.

I think you may have to post in Marketplace and pay for a custom solution to do this as I don't believe that there is a way to do this from the settings.

with promotion limits, you really only have two built-in options - limit them to once per customer, or x number of times for everyone... but that latter option wouldn't work for you as if there was a limit of 10 on a promotion, one customer could use it 7 times and another 3.

the only other way I think you could do this would be to use a Bulk Promotion code generator, generate multiple codes and limiting them to once per customer, then giving five to each client - as long as unused codes weren't shared with other clients, it would work...

https://www.whmcs.com/appstore/2290/Bulk-Promotion-Code-Generator.html

i'm not sure if the above addon works with v6 anyway, so it may not be a practical, or elegant, solution! :)

Thanks Brian, You have confirmed what I thought to be true and that is it is not possible with WHMCS out of the box and that customization would be required. Although I must say that I would have thought this would have been a basic included feature.

Unfortunately the bulk generator plugin would not be suitable for our requirements either but again thank you for the link.

Just in case others might be wanting a work around for this feature, this is what I have done as a temporary fix.

I have setup five Promotion codes all with the "Apply Once / Client" selected and will supply each client with the five codes, while it is not really what we wanted until such time as we have a customized solution in place it will do.

• 3 years later...