Images in knowledgebase

Guest vuzuggu

Guest vuzuggu

Is it possible to have a plugin for the knowledgebase that when you insert an image into an article, clicking the image will pop-over a larger image using AJAX or similar?

• 5 years later...
16 hours ago, sol2010 said:

I know this is old - but is there anything more recent ?  I want to be able to have the images in knowledgebase open in lightbox.

if you want a lightbox effect, there will be plenty of free script options out there - mostly JS, but the occasional CSS only solution.

16 hours ago, sol2010 said:

In other words, when you upload image in knowledgebase, how can you make it clickable so that user can enlarge it?

you could set the image dimensions in WHMCS (to a smaller proportion), but then link the image to itself... or have a thumbnail / real image scenario doing the same thing - not a lightbox effect, but it would open the image full screen.

15 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

I know this is very easy to add by hand, but I suspect the user is trying the editor to do this automatically for each inserted image instead of having to manually edit the code and add the proper modal options to each image.

what a user wants and what can be achieved natively within the software are not necessarily the same thing.

thumbnail linking to larger image can be done with no code changes and from the editor... whereas, lightbox effects would require some (not a lot) of additional coding and possible manual tweaking to the image links.

there's a lightbox effect built in to the admin area ticket attachment, but i'm not aware of any similar option built in on the client side for kb - hence why I think third party options (which should all be free) would be required.

1 hour ago, brian! said:

what a user wants and what can be achieved natively within the software are not necessarily the same thing.

thumbnail linking to larger image can be done with no code changes and from the editor... whereas, lightbox effects would require some (not a lot) of additional coding and possible manual tweaking to the image links.

there's a lightbox effect built in to the admin area ticket attachment, but i'm not aware of any similar option built in on the client side for kb - hence why I think third party options (which should all be free) would be required.

Agree. Some might want to default to a light box for every inserted image, others not. A big reason as you pointed why things like TinyMCE should be free to modify to fit everyone's workflow which is going to be different for every WHMCS user. It would require some code and config modifications, but it would be a one time thing. Last time I tried to modify a default config setting or add a plugin to TinyMCE  it was not possible because the init file was encoded.

@WHMCS John

I find it annoying to have to add the knowledgebase image and then save the page, then go back in and add a link to the same image (which I have to go and find the URL of the image for).

It should be as simple as ;

1) Upload the image

2) Select whether it should be clickable or not

Done

It's annoying to have to go and source a 3rd party script to do what should be a very simple action.  

Insert / Edit image used to have a lot of features (Tnymce) but now it's more restricted to just the upload and proportions etc - no "link to self" feature.  If that could be restored, I'm sure it would work well.