WHMCS 6 - Client Credits - should show history in Client Area

HarryWales

I have many clients that pay by Standing Order or Bank Transfer and are always in credit - but there seems to be no way they can either view their credits history or print out a receipt for their latest credit.

As many clients require this information for their accountants this is a major omission for a billing system.

I had hoped this would be included in WHMCS 6 as it has been a feature request for a long time now (over 2 years - see: https://requests.whmcs.com/responses/show-credits-history-on-client-area ).

Do the WHMCS Team plan on adding this vital function to future releases?

You can print out a receipt for a deposit in any accounting package regardless of whether it is assigned to an invoice. WHMCS needs the same ability for customer credits that are made by standing order or bank transfer, or even cash. Not allowing clients to view their full credits history and print out receipts for any or all of them instills distrust in the client.

Many clients also use accountants and the demand for this facility from my clients is high - so at the moment I have to tediously duplicate my entire WHMCS in SAGE Accounts JUST to be able to provide them with this vital information.

I've waited years for this but it has never been implemented. Said that you can still develop your own page. Basically you just need to create a WHMCS page, create queries with filters, order by, limits, pagination etc. In the end you can get something like this. If you are familiar with WHMCS it's not impossible.

My PHP skills are not that good - I haven't even managed, after many attempts, to add a "Terms: Strictly 14 days from issue date" footer to my PDF invoices. Which is another feature I would like to see.

At best I managed to stop PDF creation altogether - but luckily always make a backup first...