changing product addon does not update price

snake

just noticed the following issue.

If you select customers product which has addons, and change the addon, it does not change the price, it leaves the price of the original addon.

Is this a bug, any way to fix ? other than deleting and re-adding the addon.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

To address your points:

1. That's the intended behaviour at present. Changing products on a service doesn't change the Recurring Amount either.

Just change the "Recurring" value manually.

2. When a cancellation request is processed for a service or the "Terminate" Module Command button is clicked, any addons beneath it will be automatically cancelled too.

Hi,

To address your points:

1. That's the intended behaviour at present. Changing products on a service doesn't change the Recurring Amount either.

Just change the "Recurring" value manually.

2. When a cancellation request is processed for a service or the "Terminate" Module Command button is clicked, any addons beneath it will be automatically cancelled too.

OK I am a bit confused.

If you change from productA to ProductB or from AddonA to AddonB, which are totally different prices, why would you want to still keep the price the same ? There could be a massive price difference which would result in lost revenue. It doesn't even warn you or anyhting.

Same with cancellations, if you cancel the product, then it doesn't get billed anymore, not sure why you want to carry on billing addons for a product which is cancelled ? Surely default behavior should be that if product is cancelled, then anything related to that product is cancelled also.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

1. For products you'd tick the "Auto Recalculate on Save" checkbox to update the Recurring Amount value to the new price of the new product. There isn't currently a similar option for Addons.

2. Addons are automatically cancelled/terminated along with the parent product. I'm not sure I understand where the problem lies?

Hi,

1. For products you'd tick the "Auto Recalculate on Save" checkbox to update the Recurring Amount value to the new price of the new product. There isn't currently a similar option for Addons.

2. Addons are automatically cancelled/terminated along with the parent product. I'm not sure I understand where the problem lies?

customer cancelled product, product has addons

The billing for that that product is now cancelled and does not show up under summary any longer.

The Addons however do still show under the summary, do not show as being cancelled and appear as though they are still going to get billed for them unless they addons are manually deleted.