View only tickets of specific Department

iLinux85

Hello

i had more than department and each department had their own ticket

i am trying to see if there a direct link to show me only tickets in specific department

for example the department ID is 5

how can i make link in URL to see only open - customer reply tickets in this department instead of using ticket search ?

well can i add more than department id in the link ? if so could you give example for that ?

I would assume that any field you can filter the tickets on on that page, you can use direct links for... in other words, any fields used by the form - viewing the page source will give you some more options...

e.g, if you knew the client ID, you could use...

supporttickets.php?clientid=4

or their email address...

supporttickets.php?email=info@whmcs.com

you could also use "view" to filter on some ticket statuses..

supporttickets.php?view=answered
supporttickets.php?view=closed

if you want to see all tickets, you can use "any"...

supporttickets.php?view=any

and they can be combined, e.g so if you wanted a list of closed tickets of a particular customer in just one department...

supporttickets.php?email=info@whmcs.com&deptid=5&view=closed

• 4 years later...

On 4/19/2015 at 5:45 AM, brian! said:

you could try using...

supporttickets.php?deptid=5

Has this changed?  I can not get this to work... I too would LOVE to be able to set a link to tickets ONLY to one department without having to setup the filter manually each time.  We get too many tickets and I want to see the other departments, but would like to be able to focus on one dept at a time...easily.

I've tried:  supporttickets.php?deptid=6   (Ok, so I've tried ALL the dept #s)

But while it acts like it's doing something (no error), it do not show any tickets, when there should be 100s.  

10 hours ago, garybarr said:

Has this changed?  I can not get this to work... I too would LOVE to be able to set a link to tickets ONLY to one department without having to setup the filter manually each time.  We get too many tickets and I want to see the other departments, but would like to be able to focus on one dept at a time...easily.

changed in which version? as of v7.8.3, this is still working for me...

10 hours ago, garybarr said:

I've tried:  supporttickets.php?deptid=6   (Ok, so I've tried ALL the dept #s)

But while it acts like it's doing something (no error), it do not show any tickets, when there should be 100s.

perhaps those tickets don't have the statuses currently applied to the search ? e.g if all those tickets are closed, but WHMCS isn't searching for closed tickets, it will only return those tickets with the chosen statuses.

if it helps, you can specify multiple departments and statuses using the method that I explained in the thread below...

using that, you could create bookmark links to dept X, with statuses A,B,C &D being applied to the search....

I am also on version 7.8.3.

I'm able to get the filters to work without issue, if I tell it to just do Answered, it will, or any of our other 16 status options.  But it always totally ignores the dept part

image.thumb.png.816387a565e26e407d0b33aa0ba48945.png

My ultimate goal is to display all active tickets in Dept 1 and Dept 1 only...  (and also be able to do that for other departments).  Right now, the only way I can do that is click on "Active Tickets", then Change Filters, then hit Filter.  But then, everytime I click on something, I have to keep repeating all that.  I'd like to be able to link to a URL that would do that Ultimate Goal for me.

I'm probably missing something crazy stupid, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

HI Gary,

16 hours ago, garybarr said:

I'm able to get the filters to work without issue, if I tell it to just do Answered, it will, or any of our other 16 status options.  But it always totally ignores the dept part

the two question marks in your URL will be the cause of that... 🙂

My ultimate goal is to display all active tickets in Dept 1 and Dept 1 only...  (and also be able to do that for other departments).  Right now, the only way I can do that is click on "Active Tickets", then Change Filters, then hit Filter.  But then, everytime I click on something, I have to keep repeating all that.  I'd like to be able to link to a URL that would do that Ultimate Goal for me.

so if I use supporttickets.php?deptid=1, then I get the following result and it only shows tickets with the default statuses from department 1...

Nd0dGP1.png

if I use supporttickets.php?multi_view[]=answered&multi_view[]=open&deptid=1, then I get only open & answered tickets from dept 1...

1gEBebH.png

if I bookmark that URL, logout and close the browser, and then click on the bookmark, after I login, I will still see the above filtered output... btw - ignore that the above is using the Lara theme, the exact same thing should occur with blend or v4.

I'm probably missing something crazy stupid, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

it should just be the second question mark in the url - change it to an ampersand and you should be good to go... if that still doesn't work, then something else is in play.

17 hours ago, garybarr said:

I can not get it to work with &deptid=1 for nothing and I do have tickets with those statuses..

how weird. 😕

17 hours ago, garybarr said:

BUT when I add the &multi_view[]=open, etc etc... It does work for me.

then what happens if you try the multi_dept_id option that I mentioned in the above thread ?? for me that works too and the url below only shows answered tickets from dept #1

supporttickets.php?multi_dept_id[]=1&multi_view[]=answered

I feel 10x stupid...  I just happened to have all the extensions turned off on Chrome and all of a sudden the ?deptid=1 started working... I'm not sure which extension it is yet, but it was one of them making me the fool.  I never would have thought of an extension in Chrome, causing an issue with this, but it sure was...  However, your help made me find a better way to do it anyway with the multi_view, so I am very thankful for your help!