Paypal Subscriptions not cancelled on service cancellations

Serenade

Unless I have something setup incorrectly, this is a huge oversight in the current Paypal module. When a customer requests a cancellation, the Paypal subscription for that service remains active and has charged my customers the following month. I know that in 2009 it used to be you had to cancel the subscription manually, but this has changed ever since I-XXXXXX subscriptions came around.

Am I missing something?

What's the ETA with v6?

more specifically...

http://vsix.whmcs.com/learnmore

The beta process will typically last for a number of weeks, the exact length of which can only be determined by the amount of involvement and feedback we get from our beta testers.

During that time, a number of beta releases will be published as further updates become available.

from that, I would imagine that you're looking at a probable full release in June - perhaps earlier if things go well, later if they don't.

Is it not possible to simply provide us with the updated Paypal module in the meantime? What's the ETA with v6?

I don't think it is a matter of just updating the PayPal module considering it works directly with the cancellations system which isn't PayPal specific. I wouldn't expect this functionality until v6 stable (in the meantime you can use a 3rd party module which was released sometime back).

We started using the Billing agreements mod, I can tell you that I Love the way that it works as a stored token just like CC and I dont have to worry about remembering to cancel a subscription, or remember to cancel and have user setup new subscriptions when they change a service