Enom .ninja domain renew error

blakeh

Trying to renew a .ninja domain via enom and whmcs and get this error:

Domain Renewal Failed

Cannot renew this name, please use transfer system

What's missing? Is there a config file somewhere that contains all the tlds that the enom api works with?

bh

How does this help? The Enom module is part of the stock WHMCS. Additionally, you guys encode it with ioncube. So this link really doesn't help at all.

It's my understanding that the module supports all domain tlds that enom supports. So it seems there an error somewhere?

I don't use Enom, so this is just a suggestion (guess!) based on the error message... but it would imply there might be a contact details clash between what Enom has and what WHMCS is sending it.. e.g they don't match.

the other alternative, if you google the error message, is that the domain has expired.

have you contacted Enom to see what they say?

Ok, I got some clarity on this.

I opened a ticket with Enom support and this was there response:

The domain xxxxxxxx.ninja was purchased by us using one of our partner credentials with the registry. In order to renew it you will need to transfer it into us so it becomes registered under our main credential. You can do this a standard renewal through your account or a transfer in via the api.

----

I renewed via the enom account direct and we'll see if this fixes it for next year.

Sorry for not checking with them first.

But if anyone else runs into this, it's something to check.

Thanks.