aWHMCS - Technically gone drastically down hill!

I'm getting so annoyed with the updated aWHMCS app... After the upgrade there were issues reported straight away with emails and invoicing, now it's even worse!

Imagine this, you receive payments via Bank Transfer from a good number of local clients, you then add the payment using this app... Nothing more thought of it, until client accounts start going into credit.... Because when you add a payment using the updated app it adds more than one!

Yes... Adding a single paid invoice for a client is actually adding multiple payments for the same invoice meaning their account goes into credit. Just to note, it also does a similar thing when creating an invoice... Create it and it actually creates multiples of the item created but with different invoice numbers!

This is ridiculous! Yes, the old android app wasn't as clean looking but it worked, all the time! Ever since this damn upgrade we've had nothing but issues. I've now had to make sure no one uses the app and to double check all created AND paid invoices. Not a happy boy!

Exclamation aWHMCS - Technically gone drastically down hill!

Instead of editing your thread title, I think I'll just leave it here and say that I could not disagree with it more than I do right now.

Also, I can't tell if this is a bug report or just over the top feedback. Leaving here for now.

There was no upgrade path from the old app to the new. You are able to AFAIK, use both apps. That might be an idea for you until the issue can be looked into and resolved properly.

This is ridiculous!

After noting it doing something incorrectly the first time, doing it a second would indeed be ridiculous I think.

Yes, the old android app wasn't as clean looking but it worked, all the time!

There are more than a few threads around these forums that suggest otherwise.

Not a happy boy!

Once you've had some time to rest, please let me know if you'd like to have a proper bug report filed on this issue you're seeing. I'll be happy to help.

Thanks!

Instead of editing your thread title, I think I'll just leave it here and say that I could not disagree with it more than I do right now.

Frankly, I couldn't care less what your opinion is, especially after your rebuttal to a customers unhappiness has been dealt with in such a poor manner.

There was no upgrade path from the old app to the new. You are able to AFAIK, use both apps. That might be an idea for you until the issue can be looked into and resolved properly.

We pay this product for what reason? To use an old version...interesting. We were sold how great the new app was/is....I didn't realise it was in Beta.

After noting it doing something incorrectly the first time, doing it a second would indeed be ridiculous I think.

This is really the comment that has caused me to be even more irritated. How dare you allude to a bug issue and it's consequences as being a customers fault simply because it happened multiple times!

Did you, in your response, as a representation of WHMCS wonder if the 'ridiculous' remark was actually due to the ongoing bugs? Did you pick out the specific remark that stated we KNEW there was a bug but did nothing?...NO, as that was not stated! What was stated was that after the payments were added within the app it automatically sends multiple invoices, for a payment. It was also stated that nothing more was thought of it as it does not error...it simply behaves like it worked as normal...you know, normal, normal being when it looks like it has worked with a product you have paid for...right? Normal as in not having to go check each clients account after adding a simple payment. We OBVIOUSLY ceased adding the transactions within the application as soon as we found the issue.

You REALLY need to take a customer response course, especially as you used your opinion to drive your response.

There are more than a few threads around these forums that suggest otherwise.

This is probably the ONLY response you have given with any validity! Yes, the old app was clunky and had issues and is documented well within this forum....however, did it ever cause our clients to receive multiple invoices? No. Did it ever add multiple payments to our clients' accounts and put them in credit? No. Therefore, in the opinion of a paying client the old app worked better!

Once you've had some time to rest, please let me know if you'd like to have a proper bug report filed on this issue you're seeing. I'll be happy to help.

Also, I can't tell if this is a bug report or just over the top feedback. Leaving here for now.

Please take this as a bug report, as any normal customer orientated person would have done, instead of trying to be a smart ass....now run along and create the bug report. Yes, that is belittling.

Just to note, I personally have been an ongoing WHMCS forum visitor and writer for a few years, trying to help others as and when I can, also having been an advocate of WHMCS I find your response disgusting.

If any further information is required I politely request that a different representative of WHMCS contacts me directly.

If any further information is required I politely request that a different representative of WHMCS contacts me directly.

Agreed. There is no reason for your being so combative in this thread, either.

Looking around the forums for similar issues, I'm having trouble locating one to tie this issue in with.

You've made your point, you feel its a bug. Got it.

Thread closed until its been reviewed by Development.

Hello,

I have asked one of our technicians to attempt to reproduce this. We have a lot of users on the android application and this is not a problem I have heard before. Our tech reported: "I've attempted to Add Payment with the Bank Transfer gateway using 5 different invoices with various fees, transaction ids, and amounts. I can't replicate the behavior on my device. Nexus 4 Android 5.0.1."

Have you opened a support ticket with our team about these issues yet? If so I can review the conversation and see if there are more details there which might help us get enough details here to reproduce the issue and get it resolved.

At this point I suspect the problem is happening at one of three levels:

1) The android application is getting one button push but sending two API calls to add payments.

2) The web server is getting one command from the android application but sending two calls to the web application.

3) The API call is causing duplicate payment requests to be added.

The first part of tracking something like this down is figuring out exactly where the problem is occurring. The easiest place to add inspection points is actually at the webserver level. I would start by enabling something like mod_dumpio:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dumpio.html

That can log the POST data for each request. That way you can show if there are multiple API calls being sent from the aWHMCS application or if the problem is happening at the webserver / whmcs level.

Thanks very much,

Nate C