Case #5083 - Notify admins upon detection of admin directory configuration issue

clopezi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

It's not necesary to inspect the system. I have a fake admin directory that simulates login fail, etc. But with the new update, i have to delete the admin fake directory.

I only want to avoid this ¿user stupidty check?, because with the new option, my system is less secure.

Thanks.

Same issue here but even after removing the fake admin folder I am still getting the following error and thus I am unable to log on to admin area:

Admin Directory Conflict

You are attempting to access the admin area via a directory that is different from the one configured. Please refer to the Customising the Admin Directory documentation for instructions on how to update it.

Critical issue here.

Dimitrifrom31,

If you can send me a private message with your ticket ID, I will get one of our techs looking at it right away.

Clopezi,

At this time there is not an option to turn off the check. We are willing to have that conversation internally and possibly add that in if this becomes an issue for a number of clients.

Nate C

Am I the only one with this bug?

the update was only released a few hours ago, so those using fake admin folders will be posting here once they update.

I don't use a fake admin folder, but I added one earlier to test this out and it generated the message you describe - however, after deleting the admin folder, the admin area worked as normal...

that's why I assumed it might be a template cache issue in your case - perhaps it's a browser cache problem... if not, then you might need to wait for support to reply to your ticket.

I get this if i use a fake admin folder

Admin Directory Conflict

You are attempting to access the admin area via a custom directory, but we have detected the presence of a default "admin" directory too. This could indicate files from a recent update have been uploaded to the default admin path location instead of the custom one, resulting in these files being out of date. Please ensure your custom admin folder contains all the latest files, and delete the default admin directory to continue.

But once I remove everything good :)

not browser either as I tried with 3 different ones and even from mobile phone with same error. Removing the fake admin folder did not work in my case :(

edit: Could be due to running IIS but I do not see why it would cause a different behaviour. I even tried restarting IIS , still same error.

Edited by dimitrifrom31

Dimitrifrom31,

If you can send me a private message with your ticket ID, I will get one of our techs looking at it right away.

Clopezi,

At this time there is not an option to turn off the check. We are willing to have that conversation internally and possibly add that in if this becomes an issue for a number of clients.

Nate C

I just saw your message now and sent the PM, thank you.

Dimitri,

Thanks for getting in touch with me and for posting that reply for everyone else. We have opened case 5197 internally to track this issue and are working on developing a hotfix that resolves this for everyone. Once that is done and posted we will update this thread. Until then the old init.php should allow you to login.

Nate C

I upgraded rather quickly after the 5.3.10 release was made.

I use $customadminpath to set a custom path for my admin directory. I have done this for years.

I renamed the admin directory in the patch to my custom directory name. Now, when I try to view my admin site I am getting a message stating I am trying to access the admin area via a directory that is different from the one configured. But there's the rub, I'm not trying to access it via a directory different than the configured directory. I am trying to access it via the configured directory. The default 'admin' directory doesn't exist on my server, only my custom one.

Please help.

Thanks,

Joe

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I managed to get in to the login page by setting the $customadminpath to a full relative path. My WHMCS is setup in a sub-directory so my path is /clients/mycustomadmindir. Never needed the /clients/ part before upgrading to 5.3.10.

Not entirely out of the woods yet because now I get "Language Folder Not Found" after logging in. I guess the full relative path doesn't work throughout WHMCS, just for the check to see if I'm using the right directory or not before allowing me to login. I'm glad this isn't supposed to be a stable release or anything.

Dimitri,

Thanks for getting in touch with me and for posting that reply for everyone else. We have opened case 5197 internally to track this issue and are working on developing a hotfix that resolves this for everyone. Once that is done and posted we will update this thread. Until then the old init.php should allow you to login.

Nate C

I can confirm that I am having this same issue on CentOS LAMP so it's not specific to IIS.

Also replacing the init.php with the 5.3.9 version worked perfectly.

HTH!

Lou

Edited by knritsolutions