Upgraded to 5.3.9 and can not login

vincent_g

So far this is not been a fun upgrade.

Tech support tells me that these two settings should be set to off.

session.cookie_httponly = 0

session.use_only_cookies = 0

So I put a ini file in the admin folder to set this.

From my research this does not sound right to me that this should be a problem as these values default to true in PHP and Cpanel installs.

These settings were created by PHP to add security when enabled!

So why would this be required to false now?

And if this is required to be set to false what folder does this script run in?

I can't log in either. I have two factor auth activated and I am not sure if that is causing the issue. I enter my username and password and it goes to the authentication page. Once I enter the 2 factor code, it just refreshes and takes me back to the log in page. Same thing for everyone else?

Hi,

I have the same problem, and no 2FA auth enabled.

This is unacceptable in a pay software

Update: I can login in firefox, not in chrome. I deleted all cookies in chrome, and the problem still there.

Edited by clopezi

In Chrome for Android does not work me. I deleted cookies and either.

If we paid a license is for a tested software. And no answer yet.

In other paid software as cPanel this is unthinkable.

This is web based software not server based, comparing with cPanel is apples and pears.

The point I'm making is that you are complaining that you didn't test the software on a non-production server, you just assumed it would be OK and now you have a problem and are demanding it be fixed.

Moral of the story, use a staging server if your production environment is really that critical and avoid the pain.

This is web based software not server based, comparing with cPanel is apples and pears.

The point I'm making is that you are complaining that you didn't test the software on a non-production server, you just assumed it would be OK and now you have a problem and are demanding it be fixed.

Moral of the story, use a staging server if your production environment is really that critical and avoid the pain.

Can i try WHMCS FREE to test it? No... and maybe the test enviroment is ok and production not...

According to your theory, women are raped because they are causing.

I pay for software that is tested. It may contain bugs, sure, but a bug login ... is inadmissible.

Can i try WHMCS FREE to test it? No... and maybe the test enviroment is ok and production not...

Actually you can, you can get a development license FOC simply by asking for one as long as you have your license is purchased from WHMCS.

According to your theory, women are raped because they are causing.

Sigh. Now you're being ridiculous...

The point I'm making that you are clearly missing is that it is not anyones responsiblity but your own that software you install in a production environment is performing as expected.

Every time an upgrade comes out we test the hell out of it on a staging platform to make sure it doesn't break anytthing and cause us problems. I would suggest you do the same.

Hi all,

I just did an incremental update from 5.3.8 to 5.3.9. No issues with the login. It works for me as expected. However, I do not use 2FA so I cannot share experiences with that.

Every time an upgrade comes out we test the hell out of it on a staging platform to make sure it doesn't break anytthing and cause us problems. I would suggest you do the same.

Yes, this is the way to go

Regards,

Marco

I tried this although I don't use 2-FA login, but it doesn't work anyway.

For my case, I upgraded from V5.2.17. I'm getting the following error the first time I try to login after upgrading:

Notice: crypt_random_string requires at least one symmetric cipher be loaded in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\includes\classes\phpseclib\phpseclib\phpseclib\Crypt\Random.php on line 234

My environment: PHP Version 5.2.6

System: Windows NT VPS117 5.2 build 3790

I also cannot login although I cant log in using IE or chrome!

Along with a number of other problems we have had since upgrading our version of PHP, this is getting to be the last straw, I agree that this is paid for software, and although again bugs have to be found one that stops your ability to log into the software to use it really is going a little above a joke.

After doing some checking myself it would seem the login issue is down to very complex and long passwords, we have now managed to log in using a staff members details where the password was not overly long or complex, changed the passwords for the other accounts to something a little less complex and now we can log in, although I would much rather be able to bring it back up to a very complex password again.