Upgraded to 5.3.9 and can not login

vincent_g

I'm running WHMCS on a Windows machine with PHP 5.4 and do NOT use two factor authentication.

Ever since the upgrade to 5.3.9 I cannot login unless I check 'Remember me until I logout.'. When I check that I can login and search works. However, after leaving the page open for a few minutes if I try to search I get token invalid. To fix this I just refresh the admin/index.php page and then I can use search again.

Nothing has changed in my php settings. I've tried:

session.cookie_httponly = 0

session.use_only_cookies = 0

But this has not made any difference.

Can someone from WHMCS help please.

Thanks,

Will Kruss

Ok in case that can help: I could not login with my main user, the admin account so to speak. I went ahead and copied the password and password hash value from those of a "subuser". No luck, still rejected. Oddly enough in my main user record, I had the fied "authmodule" that did contain the value "yubico" (my yubikey) while it was not asked during login.

Then I changed the roleid number for that subuser to make him a temp admin, but now cannot login with that user either...

Pending support tickets from my clients, this is frustrating. Please whmcs come up with a fix...

Edited by pierre

Update: (on to table tblbannedips in the meantime to unban myself...): Back to the original pw for the admin so just removing the "yubico" value and all values in authdata: same, "Login Failed. Please Try Again. Your IP has been logged and admins notified of this failed login attempt." Giving up for now.

- - - Updated - - -

One last thing: I am travelling now and remotely controled a laptop from my office that I know had remained connected to our WHMCS today: I can perfectly use my whole admin account and use WHMCS in spite of the database changes I did...I guess if that browser gets logged out I'm locked out...

Interested in this thread, cannot login either, no 2FA activated. Could be server related as this dedicated in on PHP 5.2 , on Plesk, and that cannot changed simply.

I'm using PHP 5.2 on Plesk IIS6, WHMC support told me to upgrade to PHP 5.3. I did that by replacing the PleskPHP5 folder with PHP 5.3 and, after countless fiddling with IIS settings, managed to login after resetting the passwords.

I have never had a problem with an upgrade before and I waited until now to do the upgrade - hopefully, giving time to have bug reports. So now I can't login. I managed to miss an interval of upgrading (how did that happen?) so upgraded from 6 to 9. Means I had to upload all files which I don't normally do.

Password is not long or containing any symbols. No 2 factor authentication. There is no reset password link on the admin login page as there is supposed to be (http://docs.whmcs.com/Admin_Area). What the heck is going on?

I can't wait days or weeks. My business requires this.

I believe they changed the way the passwords are stored in the database (comparing to a backup I made before the upgrade) I'm assuming it failed for me as I was running PHP 5.2.x at the time. The new password routines must require PHP 5.3.x or above. But then I'm just guessing, who knows :)

Here is how I fixed mine:

First BACKUP your database. Don't say I didn't warn you.

1. Backup your Database

2. Reread step 1 :)

3. Change your PHP version to be 5.3.x or higher

4. Go into myPhPAdmin and find table tblAdmins

5. Create an MD5 has of a temporary password want to use

Or if you want to temporarly use the password test123 use the following hash:

cc03e747a6afbbcbf8be7668acfebee5

6. Find your username entry and change the "Password" to your MD5 hash.

7. Clear out the contents of "Passwordhash" It MUST be blank for now. Once you change your password WHMCS will automatically recreate this.

8. Log in with the new password you generated with the MD5 has (or test123 if you used the hash above)

9. Change your password so that the system will update your password to the new format in the database

10. Profit?

Edited by microbolt

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the hotfix and it didn't work. I use Yubikey to 2FA.

What worked for me was going into my record in tbladmins and cleared out the values for authmodule and authdata by setting them to '' (without the quotes! just [empty]).

Then I was able to log in where it prompted me to set up my Yubikey. I did so, saw that 5.3.9 was the current version and then immediately upgraded to 5.3.10. I then logged out and logged back in and it worked fine.