where do the pre-sales contact form entries go?

weeps

i think you should check the "general configuration" settings

make sure all the fields are filled in properly.

you should also check the "Support Departments" section.

also you should assign an operator to a department...

also try to read the WHMCS KB: http://support.whmcs.com/knowledgebase.php

and the WHMCS manual: http://v3manual.whmcs.com/

• 3 months later...
  • WHMCS CEO
Just came here for this same issue. If you have your system set to only allow clients to submit tickets, if someone contacts you with a pre-sales question, they get a message that they aren't allowed to open tickets. Yikes.

That's exactly why you have the field to be able to enter where you want the email to go. That will need setting to an email that you don't pipe or create a pre-sales department that is open to non-clients.

Matt

That's exactly why you have the field to be able to enter where you want the email to go. That will need setting to an email that you don't pipe or create a pre-sales department that is open to non-clients.

Matt

Makes perfect sense but for the life of me, I can't find the field you're referring to. Where is it located and what's it called?

Thanks!

Configuration > Support Departments

Click "Edit" next to the department that your contact form goes to and untick "Clients Only - Tick this box to only allow registered clients to open tickets in this department"

I've toyed with that already without success. Where I can tell the system the address to send the contact form to?

In other words...

I have a support@ and a sales@ address. Apparently the contact form is going to my support@ address instead of the sales one where it should logically go.