Error trying to open Setup -> General Settings (WHMCS v5.3.6)

Hello,

When I try to open this page after an upgrade from 5.2.15 to 5.3.6 I get:

Fatal error: Invalid address: in /var/www-dev/includes/classes/WHMCS/Terminus.php on line 0

Even after removing almost all files and uploading a clean installation.

Hello,

Thanks for this report, that is a serious error. Please open a support ticket so our Technical Analyst team can investigate this further. We have had a large number of installs and this is the first report of that error. We would need to examine your system further to make sure we track down what is causing this and work to get it resolved.

Thanks again,

Nate C

Hello Nate,

We have now updated to 5.2.17. Hopefully I've time later today to upgrade again in our dev environment to see if it still has that problem. If yes I'll open a support ticket for it (and on request I can show/test things on WHD where WHMCS has a stand).

Hello Nate,

After talking to you yesterday and today at WHD it is clear (to me) what the problem was and that it is solved after a change. I've mailed you the details. Making the error message easier to read/understand would be nice.

Regards, Mark

If you get the same error message you should look at the mail address used in the phpmailer class. If you didn't alter this you should verify a valid email address is in the database (configuration table and look for email and check the value).

Mark,

Just to follow up, I opened case: 4373 to track the adjustments to the general settings page to ensure we deliver a clearer error message and to allow editing of an invalid email address if the setting goes wrong.

Thanks again for the report and working with David and me at WHD.

Nate C