direct Debit UK - (AccessWallet)

Si

I, like many others was disappointed at the failure of the GoCardless module to work reliably and who's api software was subsequently dropped by the company (no longrer officially supported). This left us waiting for another DD provider and today, I have heard we have a new alternative.

http://www.accesswallet.com

Their api page is here. http://www.accesswallet.com/api.html

I'm not able to develop a script but thought I'd post this here in case some other developer wanted to contact them to take it further for the WHMCS community. Anyone?

I'm going to contact the company and point them to this thread, as it would be great if they got involved themselves to work with those interested in developing it through beta testing etc.

Thanks Lance. I would have thought there would have been much more interest in this considering how many were interested in the GoCardless module. ?

Any developers interested?

I'm asking accesswallet.com if they have an in-house team interested in putting a module together. Will update this thread.

yeah suprised myself at lack of response....... Our gocardless no longer callsback so do them manually now... so would be good to get something in place.

We are using a modified version of the GoCardless supplied source and callbacks happily work. We also extended the original version so that we can do account level billing rather than product/service specific as per the original. With the addition of some action hooks it is also possible to not automatically settle invoices but only do that once you receive the callback from Gocardless, that way you do not renew services without actually having the funds clear in your gocardless account. The hooks can also suppress inappropriate payment reminder emails and also make sure you attempt the capture sufficiently ahead of the 'invoice due' date so the invoice is paid on time - the system wide parameter in WHMCS is inflexible (ie. cannot specify payment specific capture X days before)

It was pretty poor that Gocardless dropped support for the module but the underlying APIs are still there so with a little modification you can get a robust solution up and running.

Edited by yorkukhosting
Typo

Thanks, but with due respect, GoCardless' system failed to work correctly as was expected by customers and whmcs account owners and was confusing and frustrating for customers. We lost all kinds of respect for our billing system and confidence in us as a company by using the GoCardless module. In the end, we lost many customers when it failed them. For some, it happened over and over again. I'll not go into the full details of that, as it's been discussed to death on other areas of these forums and through personal contact with GC.

Any module needs to work in much the same way as worldpay's futurepay.

One sign up

Variable amounts

With multiple invoices and various amounts for different services

I stopped using GC because they just could not get it working without multiple issues every month and it was no surprise they dropped it. I for one would not feel comfortable building up a client base on GoCardless (or any platform) when even the company don't support the module.

I know others are using GC still, and that's their prerogative.

I'm asking this nicely, and not being nasty, but if you wish to discuss GC, please do so on other threads that exist. To get this thread back on track, please keep it to discussing accesswallet.com. Thanks.

Edited by Si

Not very encouraged by AW at the minute. Went to live chat to ask how the module was coming on and they totally blanked me. Asked if I could get hold of the api, and they just ignored me.

Other than 'Sunny' asking how he could help, he wasn't supplying anything further. :-(

We still use GoCardless, but having an alternative is great, especially for our business customers who would prefer to pay everything with one Direct Debit (they use manual bank transfers at the moment rather than setting up multiple GoCardless Direct Debits).

Not very encouraged by AW at the minute. Went to live chat to ask how the module was coming on and they totally blanked me. Asked if I could get hold of the api, and they just ignored me.

Other than 'Sunny' asking how he could help, he wasn't supplying anything further. :-(

It's possible the live chat are just sales and have nothing to do with the technical side of the business.

Edited by [JSH]John

John;343414']

It's possible the live chat are just sales and have nothing to do with the technical side of the business.

Possible, but I chatted with 'the same person' a few days earlier and they were very upbeat and 'knowledgeable' about having been in direct contact with WHMCS and even giving an ETA (see my earlier post). So unless the same name came up on chat and it was a different person......but then again, I would expect some sort of 'sorry, I'm not up to speed with where that's at' kind of response would have eased the concern.

Don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water just yet, but I wasn't impressed. Maybe if others contacted them to show there is interest. ?

• 2 weeks later...

This looks great!

I've looked into them, they seem pretty well assessed and are ISO certified, FCA regulated and BACS approved.

Has anyone ever used them? Are they reliable?

They've been open about a year and a half according to companies house - Company No. 08033029.

No-one here can use them because they don't have a working WHMCS API yet and don't provide API docs for anyone else to do it. 10 days was the ETA on the 18th October - no word from them as yet. Perhaps if you all signed up with them (as I've done) and actually put some pressure on them so that they can see the demand, they might do something. (hint hint) - like actually communicate here or via email as to their intentions/progress. Otherwise, right now, it's not worth anything.

No-one here can use them because they don't have a working WHMCS API yet and don't provide API docs for anyone else to do it.

I'm well aware of that, I was referring to those who might have added, payments/customers manually...

Maybe someone has?

Also, have you thought about reaching out to WHMCS? Get them to speak to Accesswallet too?

I'm well aware of that, I was referring to those who might have added, payments/customers manually...

Maybe someone has?

That's why I said, sign up and try it yourself if that's important to you. It's free.

Also, have you thought about reaching out to WHMCS? Get them to speak to Accesswallet too?

? Not sure why this would be important, as per my post earlier in this thread detailing that that communication has already happened (according to AW), http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?79806-direct-Debit-UK-(AccessWallet)&p=341955#post341955 but if you wanted to contact WHMCS re this, again, feel free - and update the thread to keep us all posted. :-)

• 4 weeks later...
Any updates on this? Did anyone manage to get through to AccessWallet?

Also, excuse my ignorance, but what is wrong with the WHMCS included Gocardless module?

Nope...nothing from them. Totally silent.

Re the GoCardless discussion: Please let's not do that to death again here. Do a search for GoCardless in the forum and/or go to threads like this: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?50646-gocardless-anyone-got-it-working

I hate to say it, but Direct Debit looks like a dead duck once again with WHMCS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well Access Wallets are slower than a smail

signed up on Saturday, December 14, 2013 and got the email with login details which states at the bottom of the email "We will let you know once your account has been approved and activated and ready for you to start collecting payments from your clients." i thought fine should be a few days. Well today is Mon 20th Jan. 2014 and still nothing, when i try and login all i get is "Sorry, you can’t log-in just yet! We are still completing your account set-up. We will e-mail you as soon as your log-in is ready.". I have emailed them several times since i got the confirmation email and they have not replied back to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Anyone had a look at SmartDebit?

http://www.smartdebit.co.uk/services/developers/

For a business that claims 'transparancy' on pricing, they make it very difficult to get details of what it costs !

Not looked at their API so no idea how difficult to integrate into WHMCS

To me its 100% clear they dont want new business or they are just lazy and have no idea how to answer emails

I managed to get credentials and do some dev-work on it within hours of contacting them, so take it personally that they didnt reply to you ;)

They've dumped DD's now (rather than fixing their API and creating some decent documenation)