Recent Paypal IPN Changes - Oct 7th 2013

redflamemedia

Hi Guys,

Is anyone noticing problems with orders staying pending after the Paypal payment has completed?

I have read and talked to a few people today saying that Paypal's IPN has changed.

This has been happening all day on our WHMCS and on another site we sell digital downloads on.

Thanks

Jay

Hi,

This is happening to me all the time in the last 6 months.

Almost every single transaction is marked as Pending.

Payment status on every transaction under WHMCS is:

payment_status => Pending

pending_reason => paymentreview

While under PayPal account every transaction is marked as "Status: Completed"

Check this:

https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_ECOtherAPIOps

In this case PayPal recommend:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because the payment status changes after review, you must periodically check the payment status using the GetTransactionDetails API operation.

For best results, call the GetTransactionDetails API operation every six hours. PayPal recommends not calling GetTransactionDetails more frequently than once per hour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately, looks like WHMCS PayPal module does not periodically check status of "Pending" transactions.

So invoices are leaved as "Unpaid" while admin manually add payments.

In my case, ideally would be to automatically (via hook "LogTransaction") check transaction status because I spend a lot of time checking this and found that every transaction is automatically marked as "Completed", but IPN returned "Pending". Probably IPN is faster than authorization, so Whmcs receive status "Pending" but next milisecond status at PayPal is changed to "Completed".

Now I am receiving Daily Emails from Paypal - Could this be related ----<snip>

Date: Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Subject: PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning

To: xxxxxxxxxxx <xxx@xx.com>

Hello xxxxx

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://<WhmcsDomain>.com/clients/modules/gateways/callback/paypal.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,

PayPal

-------<SNIP>

is anyone else receiving these messages as well?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

Is anyone noticing problems with orders staying pending after the Paypal payment has completed?

I have read and talked to a few people today saying that Paypal's IPN has changed.

This has been happening all day on our WHMCS and on another site we sell digital downloads on.

Thanks

Jay

I am having this trouble to....