Auto domain registration fails/domain is not assigned to any registrar

PetrisGrazuls

Dear all,

we have a testing environment of WHMCS where a customer should be able to purchase a domain as soon as the customer pays for the item. The payment gateway is working in test mode and payments are processed normally.

We configured two test registrars, ResellerClub and one custom registrar. In "Setup > Products/Services > Domain pricing" the "Auto registration" for ".com" is set to "ResellerClub":

/http://nekenciu.tv/up/WHMCS%20domains%20autoreg.png

However, when a user pays for domain, the registrar is not assigned to the domain automatically. When an administrator assigns a registrar to a domain and clicks "Register" (under "Clients > Domain Registrations"), everything seems to be fine. So as I assume, the registrar configuration is okay.

I assume I should disclose more configuration options in WHMCS admin area but I'm not sure where to start from. Any hints would be appreciated.

There are 2 things you need to do:

1. Configure the actual domain registrar (not only set it to automated registration). You can do this by navigating to:

Setup -> Product/Services -> Domain Registrars

Select the ResellerClub module & configure it.

2. In ResellerClub control panel, you need to whitelabel your server IP address (The IP address that WHMCS is hosted on).

Confirm you've done those ^^^.

There are 2 things you need to do:

1. Configure the actual domain registrar (not only set it to automated registration). You can do this by navigating to:

Setup -> Product/Services -> Domain Registrars

Select the ResellerClub module & configure it.

As I've mentioned before, the registrars are configured properly. When an admin manually assigns a registrar to some pending domain and clicks "register" - everything goes well, a domain pops out suddenly at the registrar's side.

2. In ResellerClub control panel, you need to whitelabel your server IP address (The IP address that WHMCS is hosted on).

Confirm you've done those ^^^.

Same as above.

Here is an excerpt from the Activity log (Utilities > Logs > Activity Log):

2013-09-30 16:38 Created Invoice - Invoice ID: 25

admin 81.119.95.30

2013-09-30 16:37 Email Sent to Simon Test (Order Confirmation)

admin 81.119.95.30

2013-09-30 16:37 Email Sent to Simon Test (Customer Invoice)

admin 81.119.95.30

2013-09-30 16:37 Created Invoice - Invoice ID: 24

admin 81.119.95.30

2013-09-30 16:37 New Order Placed - Order ID: 22 - User ID: 7

admin 81.119.95.30

2013-09-30 16:36 Email Sent to Simon Test (Order Confirmation)

admin 81.119.95.30

2013-09-30 16:36 Email Sent to Simon Test (Customer Invoice)

admin 81.119.95.30

2013-09-30 16:36 Created Invoice - Invoice ID: 23

admin 81.119.95.30

2013-09-30 16:36 New Order Placed - Order ID: 21 - User ID: 7

admin 81.119.95.30

What I did - i just bought two .com domains and simulated a payment. The invoices are paid, but the domains are in pending state.

• 4 years later...

Hello,

I allow myself to continue this thread because my problem is similar and no solution is proposed.

I have WHMCS 7.4 and the registar module NETIM.FR (distributed separately) and although I defined the "Netim" registrar in the "Domain prices" page, when the domain is created by the order, it is set to empty.

I have to configure all domains manually. Activity log:

12/02/2018 12:22 - Modified Domain - Registrar changed from '' to 'netim' - User ID: 1 - Domain ID: 29

I read the documentation page on Auto Setup, and everything seems fine ... https://docs.whmcs.com/Auto_Setup_Issues

On 2/12/2018 at 14:08, Mickael said:

I read the documentation page on Auto Setup, and everything seems fine ...

did you read the docs on the Netim website about the module - http://support.netim.com/en/wiki/WHMCS_Module

with this being a third-party registrar module, first port of call for support would usually be with Netim directly... and after reading their documentation, the module seemingly doesn't work 100% like other registrar modules - though from what you describe, it sounds as though you're doing everything correctly.