[TR]

[TD]USD[/TD]

[TD]$[/TD]

[TD]USD[/TD]

[TD]1,234.56[/TD]

[TD]1.55830[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I've noticed in an error in the logs every day and when I manually try to update the rates using the "Update Exchange Rates" button, I'm getting the following error on the page.

Exchange Rates Update Results

Update Failed for EUR Exchange Rate

Update Failed for USD Exchange Rate

The last related entry in the System Activity Log says this

[TABLE=class: datatable, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]24/08/2013 00:00[/TD]

[TD]

Cron Job: Update Failed for USD Exchange Rate

[/TD]

[TD]System[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]24/08/2013 00:00[/TD]

[TD]

Cron Job: Update Failed for EUR Exchange Rate

[/TD]

[TD]System[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

We're running WHMCS Version 5.2.7

Edited by lanquest

• 1 month later...

Looking over the v5.3 ChangeLog, it seems that this very well may have been fixed via Case 3075 - Implemented Update to ECB Exchange Rates Data Feed URL . Apparently, on 16 August 2013, the ECB changed their data feed URL without notice.

Inside the ticket, it says:

"In the meantime we can advise users to disable the automatic updating of exchange rates and prices under Setup > Automation Settings.

If they manually enter the base conversion rate you can also manually update your product prices by clicking "Update Product Prices" on the Setup > Payments > Currencies page."

Here is the relevant past forum post.

Si, I believe a reliable place to find currency exchange rates is the website xe.com. At least, that's what I use.

• 4 weeks later...

We're now on Version 5.2.12 and at least 2 months after the first sighting of this issue and still no sighting of Version 5.3.

Having said that. There's been no explanation (I've searched high and low) as to why this important feature is broke in the first place.

How is this such a problem to resolve that you have to put yourselves in such a position to suggest that we (Your Clients) update the rates manually for at least he last 2 months?

We're now on Version 5.2.12 and at least 2 months after the first sighting of this issue and still no sighting of Version 5.3.

Having said that. There's been no explanation (I've searched high and low) as to why this important feature is broke in the first place.

How is this such a problem to resolve that you have to put yourselves in such a position to suggest that we (Your Clients) update the rates manually for at least he last 2 months?

This has been fixed in 5.3 of WHMCS, they are currently testing that out and will release it once it is ready. I am sure everyone would like the bugs fixed and released in 1 day but essentially that would cause more bugs and more complaints so best be patient to get the best possible product, after all, your business is running it!

As for a reason why this was broken, it has been said in every single thread regarding the broken exchange rates, even in the reply above yours but here it is again:

ECB changed their data feed URL without notice.

ECB is where WHMCS pulls it's exchange rates, them changing things broke things.

this is not a feature that we use, but when you enter in a browser the feed URL previously used by WHMCS, it now redirects to the new feed URL (the one mentioned on the ECB site)... obviously the ECB have added that redirect, although I assume the currency update still isn't working because the feed is now being redirected.

however, if all the ECB did was to change their feed URL, then it should be a simple fix of replacing the hard coded URL - one of the last few security updates, probably 5.2.10, fixed a few other non-security related issues too, so they could easily have fixed this.