Unbrand GoDaddy License

lukinhasb

Question

9 answers to this question

I have a GoDaddy VPS, and they provide a branded whmcs license for me to use

I'm willing to pay a fee to have it unbranded, how can I do that?

I don't have an WHMCS e-mail account to access WHMCS Client Area, so I'm really tied up here

I think you would need to purchase an unbranded licence from WHMCS and then just change the licence key in the configuration.php file

This is up to the license reseller to offer or not to offer I believe. They have this control in the reseller portal - you should contact GoDaddy support for if this is something they offer & the pricing for it (which is usually around +$5/m per license).

I contacted GoDaddy and they said it was impossible for them to do anything about it, I've contacted them multiple times and the answer is always the same.

It's ridiculous to have to pay 325 dollars to remove an "Powered by WHMCS" line from my website, there must be another way!!

I contacted GoDaddy and they said it was impossible for them to do anything about it, I've contacted them multiple times and the answer is always the same.

It's ridiculous to have to pay 325 dollars to remove an "Powered by WHMCS" line from my website, there must be another way!!

If you get your licence from Godaddy and they dont offer unbranded licences, then the only other option is to purchase an unbranded licence direct from WHMCS at $18.95 a month or a one time fee of $324.95 http://www.whmcs.com/order-now/

If you get your licence from Godaddy and they dont offer unbranded licences, then the only other option is to purchase an unbranded licence direct from WHMCS at $18.95 a month or a one time fee of $324.95

I think easyhosting is right, but you should contact WHMCS directly through their pre-sales contact form - https://www.whmcs.com/members/contact.php

at the very least, they should be able to give you a definitive answer as to your options.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

I can confirm what you've been advised in this thread is correct. It's the prerogative of your reseller whether or not they offer the branding removal.

You always have the option of buying a licence direct from us without branding.

The other problem I have with GoDaddy's VPS Reseller account is that the domain registars module is not activated. I contacted them for support and their answer was "you're right, we don't support that".. why do they call it a reseller account if you can not resell domains? it is ridiculus, anyway, Does anybody here with the same problem? Any suggestion on how to get this module working? Thanks

The other problem I have with GoDaddy's VPS Reseller account is that the domain registars module is not activated. I contacted them for support and their answer was "you're right, we don't support that".. why do they call it a reseller account if you can not resell domains? it is ridiculus, anyway, Does anybody here with the same problem? Any suggestion on how to get this module working? Thanks

Try another reseller provider - we at Arvixe would love to have you on board and can offer you many things GoDaddy can't / doesn't :).