[Confirmed]Latest Tweets

Hi,

I noticed yesterday the latest tweets have suddenly stopped showing up on the main page of both our live and development installs.

This also appears to be the case with the WHMCS demo too.

Have twitter changed something that causing these to no longer show?

• 2 weeks later...
I just noticed that "Our Latest Tweets" at Portal Home is no longer showing tweets.

you should probably have searched before posting as this is a well-known bug that has been reported many times - it's caused by a change by Twitter to their API and is due to be fixed in the next version.

you should probably have searched before posting as this is a well-known bug that has been reported many times - it's caused by a change by Twitter to their API and is due to be fixed in the next version.

If this has been reported many times and it is a well known bug, it should have been fixed by now.

Twitter only recently made this modification to their API, which was also done after the latest release from WHMCS.

Twitter announced at the end of March 2013 that the API was going to be changed in May 2013 (later postponed to June 11)... so it's not like this change came out of the blue - or at least it shouldn't have.

there must have been 2 WHMCS updates since that announcement - 5.24 (released towards the end of April) and 5.25 (which was a security update), plus the update to the security update... I appreciate that 5.26 or 5.3 was provisionally due for release before the June twitter api deadline date, but it's a little naughty to imply that you were unaware it was coming.

I think its fair to release a quick fix. It's not a major feature of WHMCS, but now we have to edit files and disable this feature so we don't look unprofessional with a broken twitter feed.

Take a few minutes, encode the fix and release a legitimate patch.

I think whmcs should have all 3rd party modules as source code that we can fix ourselves like gateway, Registrar, Server etc..

I have sympathy with that - though I can see security reasons for not open sourcing some modules... but certainly this Twitter (and other social media) stuff should be open-sourced as there are no security implications that I can see.

it's been a fortnight since the API change, and am sure with access to the code, at least one of us would have resolved this by now.