Question : When WHMCS Version 5.2 will be released ?

duperhost

Question

we were going to purchase a license for WHMCS today, but if 5.2 is imminent, then we will hold off for a few days... don't like the idea of installing 5.1.2 and then upgrading - might as well wait until 5.2 is released and install that.

hopefully the news announcement is early in the week!

we were going to purchase a license for WHMCS today, but if 5.2 is imminent, then we will hold off for a few days... don't like the idea of installing 5.1.2 and then upgrading - might as well wait until 5.2 is released and install that.

hopefully the news announcement is early in the week!

Yes, I think it will be a good idea

we were going to purchase a license for WHMCS today, but if 5.2 is imminent, then we will hold off for a few days...

It'll take you a few days to get configured/setup/tested etc - I wouldn't put that off by a pending new release

* although I would leave out doing any "customisation" of the templates if you're about to replace those with the new ones.

our current billing software (not updated in years) will continue to work fine while we're setting up whmcs... so while we're keen to get started, we can wait another week... the 15% refugee discount should still work (although hopefully there isn't a price rise - be terrible if that was the news! lol)

our current billing software (not updated in years) will continue to work fine while we're setting up whmcs... so while we're keen to get started, we can wait another week... the 15% refugee discount should still work (although hopefully there isn't a price rise - be terrible if that was the news! lol)

That software isn't WHMAutoPilot or AWBS by any chance is it?

Which ever software, hope the migration goes smoothly :) - You will soon be in the hands of WHMCS & cPanel so a big improvement from your previous software.

That software isn't WHMAutoPilot or AWBS by any chance is it?

strike two - it's whois.cart.... works fine, but we only use it for renewal billing now...

Which ever software, hope the migration goes smoothly :) - You will soon be in the hands of WHMCS & cPanel so a big improvement from your previous software.

looking forward to installing it as we'll be able to offer so much more once its up and working.

though if you read these forums, it seems we're liable to get hacked and support will be rubbish... but the change must be made, and all security precautions will be put in place anyway... so whatever will be will be!

whois.cart has not been updated in years... I think at least four or five... new updated version was often promised, but never appeared.

there is a open source version available from the whoiscart site, but I think it bears no relation to the paid version we use... whether its genuine software, I don't know - I wouldn't use it anyway.

then all you do is as your overheads rise you raise your prices ( this is one reason i never say i will grandfather prices)

were business that simple! there is an assumption with that statement that I think the existing customers would be prepared to pay an increase.

in any event, the currency fluctuations means it's only a couple of pounds either way - it's more annoying that concerning.

were business that simple! there is an assumption with that statement that I think the existing customers would be prepared to pay an increase.

in any event, the currency fluctuations means it's only a couple of pounds either way - it's more annoying that concerning.

you place the question to your current clients if they would be prepared to pay a small increase due to your overheads.

you will always have currency fluctuations. It annoys me that i have to pay a UK based company in USD when i am UK based and suffer the currency fluctuations

it's that second point that annoys me more - i'm buying software from a fellow British company but having to pay in dollars.

the cost of the purchase has already been allocated - so financially there isn't an issue, it's just frustrating having to wait for 5.2 and watching the pound slip against the dollar... meaning i'll pay more for the same software.