OnApp Integration Needed

aplawson

Question

We would be willing to pay a separate subscription for an OnApp module. Would be willing to pay $100/mo for a up-to-date OnApp module that supports everything. I'm sure all other cloud providers would be willing to pay that as well since $100/mo is nothing when most spend $50,000 just for the basic cloud infrastructure to begin with.

We bought HostbillApp license for our Cloud services we are rolling out. To be honest, I'm completely terrified of HostbillApp as they are constantly changing their licensing and pricing model every day. With so much money on the line, it scares me to death to get so heavily involved in HostbillApp when there is no way to contact them. They are charging extra for order forms, client themes, and everything else they can think of. They also disabled the ability to have your own extension/module.

Please WHMCS, or anyone else who is interested, create a OnApp module and sell it as an addon for $100/mo or something. It's a small niche of providers, but they would be willing to spend the $100/mo (or whatever is reasonable) to use it. HostbillApp looks great, but their uncertainty on their own business model scares me to much.

Wow, we definitely need this here on WHMCS. We were forced to switch from WHMCS to HostBill due to their full compatibility with OnApp. As of recent, the fiasco with HostBill has made us rethink of our billing platform and we may move back to WHMCS depending on their decision to become fully compatible with OnApp.

I went ahead and reached out to a few guys over there - however to reiterate, I need a lot more votes on this feature request before I can personally make a push. Maybe you guys can pull together and get some up votes?

http://requests.whmcs.com/responses/onapp-integration

Unfortunately you wont get enough votes to make a case. As I said, it's a small niche of WHMCS users who have OnApp installations since the startups of such are usually $50,000-$100,000 for a decent cloud infrastructure. Which is why I tossed around the idea of a modest $100-$200/mo module just for OnApp. You wont find the votes necessary to have it, as <1% of WHMCS users operate OnApp technologies. I for one would feel more confident having WHMCS create the module, simply because they are most familiar with their billing software. I just wish we could come up with a subscription model to make it worthwhile for WHMCS to explore for us cloud providers. I'm flexible with any pricing model, $1000/one-time and $300/yr maintenance. Anything would work! Right now the majority of us are stuck using HostBillApp since it has the best integration, but the owner is a crazy tyrant. With so much effort going into keeping the servers, switches, etc, all showing green, isn't much time left for us to create our own module and keep up with it for WHMCS. Makes sense to use billing software that supports it, or is willing to create a solution for us.

Wow, we definitely need this here on WHMCS. We were forced to switch from WHMCS to HostBill due to their full compatibility with OnApp. As of recent, the fiasco with HostBill has made us rethink of our billing platform and we may move back to WHMCS depending on their decision to become fully compatible with OnApp.

We were thinking of moving over to Hostbill - but reading your reply,I am not so sure - what do you mean when you say 'As of recent, the fiasco with HostBill ' ?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

That's correct, the module is created, maintained and supported entirely by OnApp; hence it's not included in the WHMCS download. We do our best to assist when users contact us about it, but ultimately you'd need to refer to OnApp for support at this time.

"We do our best to assist when users contact us about it, but ultimately you'd need to refer to OnApp for support at this time. "

Actually , that's not true at all, you do your best in passing the bug to a 3rd party developer , that's all!

All responds we got from you guys was that you are not willing to support or develop, even the normal paid development is not happening anymore with WHMcs!

Pity the good old fashioned dev support from a few years ago, got lost in recent times.

"We do our best to assist when users contact us about it, but ultimately you'd need to refer to OnApp for support at this time. "

Actually , that's not true at all, you do your best in passing the bug to a 3rd party developer , that's all!

All responds we got from you guys was that you are not willing to support or develop, even the normal paid development is not happening anymore with WHMcs!

Pity the good old fashioned dev support from a few years ago, got lost in recent times.

Hello,

Unfortunately issues with code in a 3rd party developers application is not something we can assist with. This is of course assuming the issue is in fact with a 3rd party developers code base.

In regards to paid development, we're currently focusing on the core software right now, so custom development is not something that's available at the moment outside of import scripts.