Free Stripe Payment Gateway with Stripe.js support

jclarke

I've noticed this same exact thing. We are also using a custom WHMCS template and that may be why?

If you're using a custom template, which creditcard.tpl and clientareacreditcard.tpl did you copy across - the "default" ones or the "portal" ones?

And are you also using a custom order form, or are you using one of the built-in ones (ajaxcart, boxes, etc.)

Have you taken out a year's support with Joe? If not that would be well worth doing (supports the module's development, too), and then you can work on it with him.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're using a custom template, which creditcard.tpl and clientareacreditcard.tpl did you copy across - the "default" ones or the "portal" ones?

Can you expand on why your asking this please? It suggests to me that one set (portal or default) should not be used in custom templates.

Can you expand on why your asking this please? It suggests to me that one set (portal or default) should not be used in custom templates.

Sorry, yes, those are a red-herring. Those template files would be more to do with a client editing a card later, as opposed to going through checkout.

But my question about which order form you're using is not a red-herring. Partly, it was an invitation to make sure you've copied across the order form completely. But more than that, if this thread is starting to get people going "me too", it's good to make sure that people are having the same issue. If all the people who are seeing this behaviour are using the same order form, and if none of the people who are saying "I'm fine" are using that particular order form, then the discussion becomes much more specific. Maybe the code for that order form needs altering slightly. Or maybe there's a trick to getting it to work that others have found.

Hello,

Our recurring billing still does not work. In fact, there is not even an option for that.

Does this module support recurring billing?

Our Stripe module is a credit card gateway and works with the built in automatic credit card processing of WHMCS making Stripe subscriptions not required. When a user enters in credit card information, Stripe returns a customer token which is then stored within the client's WHMCS record which is then used to process recurring payments.

For more information on the automatic credit card processing in WHMCS, please see the following link:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Automation_Settings#Credit_Card_Charging_Settings

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Everything is installed properly as I have been using the module perfectly fine for some time now. However, I recently started seeing this error that prevents customers from being able to pay. The error shows "No Such Customer." I have not made any configuration changes or anything. Is this a known bug with the module?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I enabled mbstring, curl and json in PHP, I'm using WHMCS 5.3.6, and I'm still getting a 500 Error when trying to access the "Payment Gateways" page.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?

Try enabling display errors in WHMCS under Setup->General->Other, it may give you a more detailed error message. If you need further assistance with this we do offer an installation service for $50 USD and we can take a look at this on your server and help you fix whatever is causing this error on your server.

...maybe there's a trick to getting it to work that others have found.

Yep, I tend to agree. I've gone through my order form and the Stripe module install with a fine toothcomb a few times now and still. payments would not complete on first time orders, first time (even on default, non customised order forms). Second attempts are usually successful. I've accepted that using the module without stripe.js and whatever the risk of PCI compliance liabilities that entails is better than losing orders. At least orders are completeing which gives me confidence in the module now. Giving root access to support was never going to happen.

Hi Joe,

A quick question if I may - the module is working well for us, and I understand generally how the subscription side of your module functions with the automatic credit card processing of WHMCS but I have a client who just paid for three of their invoices later than the due date with one Pay All invoice in their Client Area.

When each of these invoices are due on their various dates in about 2-3 weeks time, will each be paid separately and automatically from the clients credit card on or before their due date do you know?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

Hi Joe,

A quick question if I may - the module is working well for us, and I understand generally how the subscription side of your module functions with the automatic credit card processing of WHMCS but I have a client who just paid for three of their invoices later than the due date with one Pay All invoice in their Client Area.

When each of these invoices are due on their various dates in about 2-3 weeks time, will each be paid separately and automatically from the clients credit card on or before their due date do you know?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

Matthew

Joe's module does not determine when payment is made. If WHMCS attempts to charge their card, it use the Stripe module to do so.

So it all depends how your WHMCS is set up. It's a WHMCS question, not a Stripe module question.

If you've set up WHMCS to attempt card payment automatically N days before the due date, as each invoice reaches that point the daily WHMCS cron job will attempt card payment. But you can change those settings, and there is an option within WHMCS for any given client not to be charged automatically.

Matthew

Joe's module does not determine when payment is made. If WHMCS attempts to charge their card, it use the Stripe module to do so.

So it all depends how your WHMCS is set up. It's a WHMCS question, not a Stripe module question.

If you've set up WHMCS to attempt card payment automatically N days before the due date, as each invoice reaches that point the daily WHMCS cron job will attempt card payment. But you can change those settings, and there is an option within WHMCS for any given client not to be charged automatically.

Hi James,

That's great - thank you for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. All is configured correctly on our system but I will keep an eye on it next month anyway for this client in particular to confirm this is indeed the case.

Thank you again,

Matthew

It is completely a whmcs question in this case. If two orders (or more) are set to renew on the same date and they are set to create the invoice on the same day (automation settings - create invoice x days before due date) and use the same payment gateway then one invoice will be created with both (or more) orders included in it. It's actually one of the benefits of using prorata and setting all billing cycles to create the invoice the same number of days before the due date - which is what we do.

With WHMCS 5.3.7, there seem to be quite some template changes to the files viewcart.tpl, creditcard.tpl and clientareacreditcard.tpl, see:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_5.3_Release_Notes#Version_5.3.7_2

Any chance to get an updated module version to include these template changes?

You can continue to use the templates we provide, none of the changes effect the functionality of the Stripe module.

Autopayment through stripe doesnt appear to be working anymore since the recent WHMCS update. The transaction goes through, but it doesnt get recorded in whmcs. Also when you manually capture a payment through the admin area, it goes to a blank white page and does not get recorded within whmcs as well.

Running php 5.4.20 with WHMCS 5.3.7

I've noticed this same exact thing. We are also using a custom WHMCS template and that may be why?

Did you get this fixed? If so, how?

Also -- I cannot get recurring billing to work. I know customers can enter their credit card information into my WHMCS and store that, as it stores as a security token. But, it doesn't appear they are getting charged automatically for their next invoice.

Hi HostHatch.

Ironically, I am a customer of yours and have two servers. I tried contacting you through a technical support ticket, but to no avail.

In regards to the 'bug' of the sending of the e-mail for 'failed payment'. Did you ever manage to fix it?

I am going through the same thing. Despite going over the readme literally 10 times as well as copying every single thing in there to the correct directories, the error still persists.

I am able to do payments correctly and there is no problem when the client is paying, however, they annoyingly still get that e-mail upon successful first payment.

Many thanks,

Everything looks great with one exception:

f a customer has a locally stored card, the next time a payment is processed, the card will be stored remotely and removed from the local database.

Is there is an option to keep the CC in the local DB?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

I have a quick question on your solution, thank you for creating it! If a user has a recurring billing payment, if we want to change the amount (E.g.: $25/month to $50/month), will it automatically be able to update that amount without the user needing to do anything?

^^^ I'd be interested in that also (including the paying part). My take is that if making the switch to Stripe doesn't work out for some reason, then I'd like to have a path to go back to the previous merchant account; if we have allowed all the stored numbers to be deleted then that would not be an easy option. I'd envisage at least 3-6 months of trouble free processing through Stripe before being relaxed about seeing the card numbers disappear.

I have a quick question on your solution, thank you for creating it! If a user has a recurring billing payment, if we want to change the amount (E.g.: $25/month to $50/month), will it automatically be able to update that amount without the user needing to do anything?

Yes, whmcs sends the stored token for the card to stripe along with an amount to charge, so as long as the invoice is correct, then yes whmcs will request the amount

its so pouch better than the likes of 2checkout where you have to cancel or modify an agreement

I've been using this module for 8 months or so without fault