How do you compensate?

Zepx

Please don't be offended, but a 1 week credit for 5 days of downtime is extremely poor / unfair

Surely your provider has offered you compensation?

For such downtime I would offer at least 1 month free (as this does not meet the uptime target)

I then send out a mass email apologising to the active customers

These affected customers are then offered a choice of either a credit on their account or a 1 month extension to their renewal, which they should submit via Support Ticket before x date

If no Support Ticket is received then a credit will be applied to their account

As each Support Ticket arrives the request can be processed

Once the x date has passed then the remaining customers have the credit applied

Let's say I have a downtime of 5 days, and I wish to credit/compensate my active customers

After 5 days if outage, there wont be any *active* customers left ;)

You can find all Active hosting accounts in WHMCS with the search/filter, open each ID in a new tab in your browser, adjust the next-due-date +1 week (or whatever)

I agree at least a month worth of free services if it was really down for 5 days, that's just very bad, and most people will leave with more then a few hours of downtime, If you get anyone to stay you better take care of them and bend over every way you can to save what you got, what caused the long downtime? Are the clients shared, vps, dedicated?

Oh dear this is getting out of topic isn't it lol. I was asking if it could be done. I'm a developer, so if there's no such addon, I might be developing one myself.

No worries, the downtime was only 48 hours due to a hack attempt...

Oh dear this is getting out of topic isn't it lol. I was asking if it could be done. I'm a developer, so if there's no such addon, I might be developing one myself.

No worries, the downtime was only 48 hours due to a hack attempt...

No, there is no such module that I am aware of. I'm sure something could be coded up. The module would simply select the server, and the amount of downtime each active hosting account experienced.

Then it would figure out the amount to credit using a formula similar to the following

(Recurring rate / Number of days in payment term) x time they were down.

To keep it simple, you could offer downtime in days, with one day being the minimum that would be credited to their account.